New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey there

Old 10-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Default Hey there

Hi all, I am new to the forums, but have been a long time fan of Civics. I recently bought a 95 Civic 2 dr EX VTEC 5 Spd. It needs some work(mostly cosmetic), but the price was right. Ill post pics soon, but there is ALOT of cancer, so I'm too embarrassed atm. lol.

The car runs great for the most part. Just needs a new fender(rust), exhaust(rust), and a CV joint on the drivers side. Also, Ill need a new power window regulator, as I think the one that's in there has missing teeth(probably a break in).

The car has 142k on it, all stock except distributer, wires, plugs, and a newer alternator. I cant wait to start loosening bolts and get started on this car. Im hoping to eventually have a quick, fun to drive, reliable daily.

I would like to thank many of you guys including Addiction2Bass, TrustDestruction, and many others because I have been scanning these forums for the last week, and now I feel comfortable doing most of these cosmetic replacements on my own. This is a great Forum you guys got here, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

Let me know if you want pics of my new(to me) Civic!

-Whomp out-

Old 10-12-2009, 01:52 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the HCF. Please post some pictures so we can see what you are needing to do to your car. I am sure there are several people on this forum that can help with your project.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:22 PM

Well, I found a fender!!!! Its new, primed, and ready to go.

Ill be picking it up tomorrow and then ill post before during and after pics for you guys. I do have a quick question...

I am looking for paint that will come close to matching the paint on the car as it is now. It doesnt have to be a true match, and Im not going to blend it. This will be more of a temporary paint job more than anything, because I still have rust in the rear wheel wells, and until I decide to fix that, I want to spend as little as possible in the body appearance. I was hoping to find a 'close enough' color that I could buy tomorrow at a local auto parts store like Auto Zone or something similar. Any recommendations??

ps, The car is green, and if it helps, I can post the exact color code.

Thanks for your help,

Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 PM

bump, Pics added!!! (sorry for the double post)

Albums:
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/members/%DF%EFg%D0%E5dd%A5wh%F8mp%B2-42572-albums/

Let me know what y'all think, I still need to find paint. I'm open to suggestions, either retail stores, or trusted websites. Thanks for looking!

*edit* PS, I have a slightly used green drivers side fender for sale. It will fit 92-95 Civic ex. See pic in link above. pm me if you are interested.

Last edited by ßïgÐådd¥Whømp²; 10-14-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: added info
Old 10-14-2009, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

lol no worries on double post my friend, it's ur thread.

nice car man, very nice. yeah finer things in life are only on the left lane,haha.
regarding ya paint situation,
Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
For the side skirts, lips, and handles: 3 rattle cans base, 2 rattle cans clear, 1 rattle can adhesion promoter.

For the mirrors, fog bezels, and grille: 2 rattle cans base, 1 rattle can clear.
hopefully ya get ya questions solved.

(pretty much just get a base color of your car, clear coat, and adhesion promoter)
i dont know exactly what adhesion promoter is, but theres always google for ya, lol.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:41 PM

bump, album added!

So yeah, the first store I went to had a great color, so I rushed home and started prepping. I think it is turning out ok so far. I am probably going to regret not using bondo on the door edge, but whatev. It is going to look 200x better by the time I'm done with it tomorrow.

I am anxious as hell to pull the tape, though. I am hoping to sand down the edge from the new paint line and just throw a bit of paint and clear to blend. Like I said, this is my first paint project, so if it looks even halfway decent I will be proud. lol.

Any comments, questions, or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for looking at my work!!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:54 PM
HCF Member

check out this website, scroll down they got a video on how to pretty much put the paint on
-->http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

Old 10-15-2009, 10:04 PM

pretty cool vid. I really like the blue 3M adhesive tarp thing. If only all paint projects were "straight and narrow" like that lol. Thanks for the link. Ill be using it as a reference.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 PM
HCF Member

yeah i haven't done any paint touch ups or paint updated myself, but that 3m adhesive tarp looks like something you gotta have haha. yeah no worries man feel free to ask more questions hopefully i can help you out or guide ya to other forum members that know whats up.