New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hi! 93 Civic EX

Old 09-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Red face Hi! 93 Civic EX

Hi I have a 93 Civic ex, I plan to keep it as a reliable daily driver, but to make it a little more fun. Lots of info on here! I was wondering if anyone knew the top speed in each gear as my car doesn't have a tach, and I'd rather not hit the rev limiter in each gear to find out. Thanks!

Old 09-28-2008, 11:13 PM

http://www.fatboyraceworks.com/gears/

just use transmission 1 side, all you need to do is select your car from the bottom drop down, and set your tire size at the top. leave the gear ratios alone, they'll auto-fill in for you when you select your car

also, put your RPM redline as 7200

Old 10-01-2008, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by eclipsefan
Might wanna fix that tach. Imagine explaining why yoou were speeding. Sorry officer have no tach didnt know i was speeding, was just keeping up with traffic.
what?
do you know what a tach is?

his speedometer works, his car just doesn't have a tachometer (low submodel's don't come with them). Without a tachometer he can't tell what RPM his engine is at. He just wants to know the top speed of each gear so that if he takes it all the way to near redline, he doesn't have to bounce off the rev limiter to know that it's getting about time to have to shift.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:51 PM
HCF Member

You should conciser switching out you're cluster for one that does have a tach it should be a very simple mod.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:30 AM

thanks for the welcome everyone! I used that link and gear ratio calculator it's great.

Search this Thread