New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hi civic owners

Old 12-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Default Hi civic owners

Your in for some reading so if your time is super valuable go ahead and go back to the forum list

Alright, since i have my eye on a civic im gonna ask you guys to help me with something.

About 2 and a half months ago i totalled my little red neon, i was really sad. Now i havent bought another car because i thought my insurance would go way up. we just got the bill (we get one once every 6 months) and its back down to the rate when i had no car at all. Now, i have a good deposit saved up and my eye on a nice little 1995 honda civic ex coupe. The only thing that stops me is my dad. Now heres some details that are kinda important, my dad tells my i am not getting a new car. Im bummed. He hunts now and then and wants a truck for this time of year so he can haul all his crap around, he cant afford one though without my help, so if i want to be drivin, im limited to buying my grandpas truck when (or if) he sells it...i dont wanna drive a truck, but i dont know how to get around my dad or convince him to let me get another car instead of buying a truck. One more detail, up until now he has used my step moms minivan to haul his stuff, but now that my stepmom is going to be trading that in for an All wheel drive car(for snow reasons, shes gonna have to commute to work farther away soon), he wont be able to haul his crap around (still with me?)

I could use some help or a good argument to my dad or a way around him (maybe some insurance rates?) you could e-mail me a hug if youd like

o and im not some rich little kid, i would have to pay for everything with money i make at work, with little help from dad, other than good advice

Old 12-16-2006, 09:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hi civic owners

hummmmm im not sure what to tell you, you can fit stuff in a civic..whats he hallin? or get a little trailer for it depending on the weight

Old 12-16-2006, 09:15 PM

lol, he has to carry a lot of stuff, but now that i think about it, we could both drive and each carry half the stuff, he has a lot of stuff he brings (when he goes huntin, he sets up camp in this national park, tents, cots, sleepin bags ect) i think youve helped more than you think you did

does anyone know what i might pay for insurance (95 civic ex coupe) without an accident on your record, ballpark it

Old 12-18-2006, 01:42 AM

i say help him buy the truck and maby your dad in the future will repay u with a new car....

Old 12-18-2006, 10:35 AM
HCF Member

Keep saving till you can afford both.Welcome to the forum also.