New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hi guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 01:01 AM
Default Hi guys

Hi everybody, i am new to here and my username seems awkward but i'm just used to it...:P
I can go by LC and I currently own am auto 93 Ex coupe T_T
Hope to learn more abt modding cars here
nice to meet you guys ^^
I would like some suggestion abt modding my car too, not expensive ones and for beginners also, actually i got an exahust which i forgot abt the brand...what esle can i add to my car to get a little more speed ^^

Old 02-13-2006, 06:06 AM
Default RE: Hi guys

Welcome to the site, you can learn alot of things around here but paying attention and reading, which at times is a bitch. Some cheap but noticeable and common mods are i/h/e, which means, intake, header, and exhaust which you already have.

Here's a list wrote up by Kevin....

Cheap mods for newbies, by 90Civtegra

Looking to get into the tuner world? Heres a list of some stuff you can do to your car that isnt to expensive and not really considered "rice" (lack of a better term).

First thing: Register at www.eBay.com (if you havent already). You can find anything and everything you want for your car on there. My car itself was bought of eBay (of course it was a stock hatchback back then )

Exhaust: Cheapest way to get cat-back exhaust is to get yourself a muffler off eBay ($20 - $60 for no name brands) and take it to your local exhaust shop and tell them you want this muffler put on with 2 inch or 2 1/4 inch (wouldnt go any larger then 2 1/4 on a NA car) piping from the catalyic convertor back. Grand total should be around $150 instead of a $600 Greddy bolt on cat back, just remember you get what you pay for.

Cold Air Intake (CAI): Once again eBay! You can get an off brand for $40 - $75. Easy to install yourself. If you have any problems installing it there are plenty of people on here to help you out. Grand total: $40 - $75 instead of $250 AEM CAI, just remember you get what you pay for!

Lowering: Can you guess? Yup, eBay! Universal coil-overs $50 - $120. Not too difficult to install yourself WITH the proper tools (SPRING COMPRESSOR!!!) again if you need help installing, plenty of people on here to help you out. Grand total: $50 - $200 (if installing yourself) instead of $350 for Ground Controls, just remember you get what you pay for!

This should get you started. There are endless options to modding your car. eBay isnt always they way to go but it is usually your best bet. Try to buy from a seller that is a company so your less likely to get screwed over.

Also remember that Greddy, Skunk2, Eibach, DCsports, ACT, Exedy, AEM, Brembo, Sparco, etc etc they cost a lot more for a reason, they are better quailty and will last a lot longer. I will always suggest getting the name brand stuff over the cheaper stuff but the stuff I mentioned above is just a good way to get yourself into the turner world and get your head full of some tuner knoweldge.

Old 02-13-2006, 07:37 AM

Welcome to the forum!!!!!

Set goals for yourself and your car, it makes deciding modding options much easier.

Old 02-13-2006, 09:04 AM
HCF Member

I gotta say avoid ebay coil/shocks. You pay for what you get. Unless you put some decent money into suspension, your car will bounce like an RC Car.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:39 PM
HCF Member

check out the intake/exhust thread..theres alot of info there on adding bolt ons that will really add some more performance

Old 02-13-2006, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to HCF

Old 02-13-2006, 07:22 PM

Welcome, stick around here long enough and youll learn all kinds of good stuff.

Old 02-16-2006, 05:21 PM

Welcome! you definately came to the right place for learning. Intake would be my next step. you can find them reasonably cheap on ebay, and they are easy to install.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:59 PM
NTX
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: asdfasdfdasfasdf

...what esle can i add to my car to get a little more speed ^^
i'd look into improving suspension and braking, then more power