New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hi. I'm New But Not An Owner Yet

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Rod
Default Hi. I'm New But Not An Owner Yet

Hi all. Thanks for having me. After owing 4 Hyundais over the past 15 years, looks like I'm going to "smarten up" and get a new 2005 Civic LX-G soon.

I have a 2000 Tiburon 5 speed stick now and mainly because my marital status is changing next year, I need an automatic to accomodate her. I've weighed the 2005 Elantra VE against the LX-G and I have just got to have a new Honda sometime in my life. As I tell my friends, you can't argue with statistics.....Hondas are the best, they last the longest, have the lowest depreciation of any economy class car and I have been convinced to try Honda or I'll never know.

True, your Hyundai competition has made big inroads over the past few years but they are not Hondas nor will they ever be. I'll let you know when I get my new LX-G. Might be a little while yet as wedding plans and expenses are coming into the picture after the Yuletide season.

Thanks and I have enjoyed reading your posts and think I have found a lot of potentially new friends here.

While I'm at it, I know the LX-G is a new 2005 model, basically replacing the LX and does anyone have anything to say about the new 2005 lineup??

Thanks,

Rod

Old 11-23-2004, 03:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hi. I'm New But Not An Owner Yet

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the 7th gen civics. I've talked to a bunch of mechanics at various honda dealers (they are friends of mine) and they all agree that the 7th gen civics are not built very well. They tell me 6th gen civics were the best. Although, the 7th gen civics have been out for a while now so I'm sure they are better.

In all honesty, I would rather buy a corolla than a new honda civic. You are not gonna get any better reliability than Toyota (but you pay for it). I personally don't like the new styling of the civic and ever since they dumped front double wishbone suspension, I lost all respect for honda!

Old 11-23-2004, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

yeah, the 7th gen (2001+) took a step backwards, but its still a honda, and the value of the new ones is holding up as good as any hondas. its still one of the best cars you can get for the money. very few people will ever regret buying a brand new honda. Oh Yeah, congrats on the marriage, I was just married this spring. its great, just follow along with her plans for the wedding

Old 11-23-2004, 08:02 PM

id say get a 6 gen as well. congrats to u and sac on the weddings, and its good to have u.

Old 11-30-2004, 06:14 PM
NTX
HCF Member

4 Hyundais
wow......wow.