New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

hi im new and looking for my first vtec

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Default hi im new and looking for my first vtec

Hi Everyone , Ive been a Calibra owner Enthuisiast with a Car club for the last 9 years with owning a redtop 2.0 c20XE for 5 years
and my current 2.5 V6 (188.4 BHP on a Rolling Road) for last four years and its time to leave the nest and so im looking into buying my first honda.
I Live with my GF of 14 years with a Cat and 2 year old Puppy in a rural area and I work for a Computer Software Company of 10 years and Im 35.

Now for the last 6 mths I was looking at changing my car for a ITR DC2 but they are two much out of my price range for the next year so ive been looking into the civic world as I quite like the civic VTi EK4 3door and also the VTI-s 5 door MB6 for the car to replace mine with , ive been looking around and ive found a few in different places and they are in a better cash bracket for me than a ITR.

The main differences from my current car would benefit in quite a few ways

*Engine downsizing from a 2.5 to either a 1.6 VTI /1.8 VTI-VTIS

*Insurance would come down two groups from a 17 to a 15

*I would like to go back to working on 4 pot engine as to a 6 pot (but ive heard Hondas reliability factor has a great impact on this )

*MPG Im averaging on my v6 - 32 on motorways but around 23/24 on busy town roads etc and I would be slightly better apart from times when you want to release the beast VTEC (That’s awesome the sound of that)

*And I would be most interested in coming along to car meets eg shows where there are more than one Japanese make & model of car

Im sure Im doing the right thing by changing my car choice to a Honda from a Vauxhall but it would be great if someone could let me know if there are any bad points for these civics