New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hi, new member w/ DX

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 12:03 PM
HCF Member

At 100F+ in summer i have no intention of removing AC haha. Some people remove it for weight, but outsde of a track car it seems pointless to me, unless you just dont need it. I know people also need to remove it for engine swaps and turbos sometimes but that is becuase of fitment. But unless you are stripping your car or the AC if having bad problems, might as well leave it.

Touch up paint is def a go for, i thought you meant an entire paint job, but i see in the pics you want to fix those spots. I have used duplicolor on my front bumper and fender. It looks good as long as you arent inspecting it, then it is obvious.

I started my project a year ago when i did my shocks/springs and didnt really do anything till a couple months ago. Personally i just like to see my progress and see other peoples too.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by BarcaAg11
I'm guessing many of the people on here are taking the AC out for racing?
Mine stopped working about a year after owning my current Civic. I ended up leaving it there for about 2-3 years before swapping out the motor. The new motor does not accept A/C (Prelude 2.2L motor in a Civic) without a bunch of special brackets etc.

You mean I shouldnt try to sand down the area then order the paint code for the model year and spray it on the area?
I would not recommend that unless you are really good at blending paint in. Otherwise, it will look like a blob in the middle of the OEM paint.

Originally Posted by BarcaAg11
Where should I move the AC thread to? I want to ask about fixing the paint, but not sure if I should start a whole thread for that...
I would suggest to create a thread in the Mechanical Problems & Tech Chat section.

Also, the car has 148000 miles on it.... Is it worth all the work?

Sorry I posted in the wrong place.... Thanks again for the help.
If the body is free of rust and dents, go for it!

Originally Posted by Turtlegrip
I started my project a year ago when i did my shocks/springs and didnt really do anything till a couple months ago. Personally i just like to see my progress and see other peoples too.
+1. I have zero intentions of tracking my car, or racing anyone for that matter. The car is for 100% personal enjoyment. The project thread of mine does exactly what Turtle described. Just a place to post progress in order for you to look back on. I find myself reading my own project thread sometimes since it has changed so much! It is fun going... "OOOhhh I remember doing that!"... then usually followed by some face palms... we all make mistakes

Old 04-23-2012, 07:44 PM

That is a relief, because I don't have the money or intentions to track the car. I just like enjoying my driving experience. When I start the thread, I'll go more into all the comical problems with this car. Suffice to say, it was bought off of Craig's list for $3000 as a birthday present... I love the car, but the guy that previously owned it did not leave it to me with the fewest of problems.

I have a feeling that the previous owner had a nicer engine in it, blew the old engine and put the stock back in to resell it. It has a very expensive exhaust system on it (I'll take pictures of the underside when I get jack stands), has been lowered and I believe has stiff shocks for racing. But I could be wrong because I haven't been able to take pictures from underneath it yet. I'm really excited to get it going, I really see a lot of potential.