New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hi there

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 08:42 AM
HCF Member
Default Hi there

Hello,

My name is Scott. I'm 17 and I live in Wisconsin.

I love import cars and I'm going to be buying a Civic in the week or two, before my senior year starts! My last car was a 1998 Cavalier RS that i totaled, got tboned. So I've been driving my parents automatic Trail Blazer and it is driving me crazy! I love cars, love driving stick, love doing work on cars and showing what you have done, and love to go fast. Still trying to find the right Civic though, you can go to my other post if you wanna help me out! https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=77726

When it comes to working on cars I know a good amount, my dad has taught me a lot of the maintantence of cars and he can repair most things, but modding not so much. We have had our fair share of Corvette's and other fast cars but you really keep those stock. I learned a lot on modding cars just through reading forums like this, magazines, and helpping out my friends. So now its my turn to get my own car and do all my stuff I wanna do. In school I've been in every autos class offered and I've been metal working since about 7th grade, going on to my 6 year now. When it comes to metal working I am very talented, from wleding to lathes to mills I can do it all.

Bascaly to start off when I get my car I'll do the basics. Get lips, intake, full exhaust, coils, projectors, fogs, and anything else I basicaly find. I've been working for a few years so I have a lot of money saved up, need to keep some for college but I probably have a good 7k I could put in a car. Maybe looking in to turbo in the future?If you have any mods I could do just pm me or somethin or any tips for me.

I'm good with cars so don't think I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. I came here to be able to associate with other Civic owners and because I am 17 I don't want to be treated like I don't know what I'm talking about or that I'm just a kid. Thanks for taking the time to read this

-Scott

Old 08-14-2009, 08:58 AM

Whats up man? I posted over in your other thread about which car to get, so I'll try not to repeat myself. 7k is enough to do some work on a Civic. Easily a good turbo set up, and some exterior/interior modding.

Seems like you know what you are talking about, but what about tuning? Have you had any experience with that? j/w

Old 08-14-2009, 09:06 AM
HCF Member

Uh not really experience with that...
I helped a friend do some rebuilding on his Eclipse he had but I really haven't done much internal work. I've torn down car engines in school and stuff but I could't do too much on my own. My dad works for the police department by me and the mechanic there could do a turbo for me and show me how... he works on his son's mr2's the he races so I have the resources to do the stuff, I just wanna learn how to do all this stuff.

For college I still don't know what I wanna do, maybe a cop, looking in to law, but I am looking in to an autos careers aswell so I really want to learn alot of this kind of stuff, the more I know the better!

Old 08-14-2009, 09:13 AM

Well, I would suggest that you, yourself "do" the turbo. Or at leats stand right next to the mechanic and help out with the install so you know what going on.

When I say tuning, I mean like playing with fuel trims/ignition timing via PC, or some type of piggyback system (VAFC, E-manage, etc). You'll need a tune if you plan on doing more than simple bolt ons such as I/H/E.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:17 AM
HCF Member

Yea I haven't done anything of that sort.