New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Honda Civic DX Coupe Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Default Honda Civic DX Coupe Mods

Hey everyone! i was wandering if anyone knows if you can take a turbo kit from a Civic EX and put it onto a DX coupe and if not, where can i find a turbo for a 1992 Honda Civic DX Coupe im not sure on the engine type either. Someone Please HELP me!

Old 06-17-2006, 02:05 AM
Default RE: Honda Civic DX Coupe Mods

Hey! i'm not completly sure about the turbo swap.. but i think as long as they're the same year.. i don't see why not... but don't take my word on it at all!

i'm pretty sure this website is a sponser of this site.. so you could maybe ask for a discount or something.. but here is a link to some turbo stuff

http://www.procivic.com/pages-main_p...induction.html

enjoy!
-Chris

Old 06-17-2006, 07:07 AM

you can.... but if the ex is vtec and your dx is non-vtec then the turboed may not be sized corectly. or if it has engine mgnt with it it may not be tuned to run on your engine and you could blow it. so lookin into the kit a lil more and do some research before you snag the kit and make shure your not goin to have anyprobs. do you plan on installin the kit and do you have the abitilty to do it and do it right? dont take any offence to anything i said i just wouldnt want you to mess up your car.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:20 AM
Stinky Administrator

ORIGINAL: MPshang

Hey everyone! i was wandering if anyone knows if you can take a turbo kit from a Civic EX and put it onto a DX coupe and if not, where can i find a turbo for a 1992 Honda Civic DX Coupe im not sure on the engine type either. Someone Please HELP me!
it should have a d 15 b 7 motor and they make turbo kits for that motor you just have to look around pete a member on this forum has a diy about turbos on the diy section good luck