New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Honda Civic Ls

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Default Honda Civic Ls

Hello!
I just in last december days have bought new used car!
This time it is Civic Ls, 1.4 liters, 16v and in Red Color!

Before I had VW Gold 2, and i like my new car!
It is already fulled with brand new sound sitem, Sony Cd player, pioneer Sub and other thinks

But I already have one think, SRS indicator is on, seller told that it is from the time when auto alarm was putted in... .is there any chance to fix it myself!?

Thanx a lot!

[IMG]local://upfiles/17484/B637884B83114BC792D8BAD06833FC73.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Default RE: Honda Civic Ls

might want to get it taken to a dealer and have it checked... airbags & their system is not something to mess with generally. who knows, maybe the alarm installer stole the airbags

Old 01-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Default Honda Civic Ls

But the dealer was privat person!!
And as looks all air bags is in the place!
Maybe there can be some mess with wires or other thinks when alarm have been installed!?

Old 01-09-2007, 03:19 PM
HCF Member

anyways, just take it to a dealer or shop thats trustworthy and have em hook it up to a machine and see if they can 'pull a code'. by that i mean that they should be able to tell you whats wrong by running diagnostics on your cars computer.

Old 01-09-2007, 03:24 PM

My native language isn't english.. there is that problem!

Ok.. i will search for shop who can help! Tnx!!

Old 01-09-2007, 03:34 PM
HCF Member

i didnt mean to offend. just trying to help.

this isnt really a problem i'd say we could help you with, without actually having access to the car. like i said, just take it to a shop. Good luck on ur search, it shouldnt be too hard to find one that can help ya. Its probably not a big deal either.

Old 01-09-2007, 03:47 PM

Ok, tnx for support!

Old 01-09-2007, 09:46 PM
HCF Member

I will have to agree, a dealer is your best bet, and the sooner the better. When that light remains on, it indicated a possible problem with one or more of the airbag systems, and or your seat belt tensioners. It could have been possible for someone to disable the system, either on purpose or by accident, but a dealer should be able to figure it out.

Just keep in mind that driving with the indicator on is dangerous, and could be fatal in a bad accident, I would get it checked out as soon as you can!

Old 01-09-2007, 11:03 PM
HCF Member

yea actually i just went for that very reason today, the SRS light was on, he reset the light because the computer didnt detect anything wrong with it.....cost me 55$ just for them to give me a looksy look lol but you better hope there isnt anything wrong, a new SRS unit is over 800$!!!

Old 01-16-2007, 09:17 AM

Today I had worked to that SRS problem, i solved it using that turorial, now srs indicator is off when driving...

Quick Reply: Honda Civic Ls