New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Honda motorcycle rider getting into Civics

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Default Honda motorcycle rider getting into Civics

Whats up guys i've got a 2002 CBR 600 and really enjoy the quality of it. Now i want to experience the Civics and see what they have to offer. I'm looking to spend 3000-4000 grand on my first Civic...i don't know much about modding so hopefully i can find one that has already been modded.

Hopefully one of you can answer my questions.

In the 3000-4000 range what can i expect?

where would the best place to find a good used civic?

what is widely regarded as the best year for the civics?

thanks

Old 10-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Default RE: Honda motorcycle rider getting into Civics

first, i just goggled your bike, and that things hot, and welcome to the forum, sorry i don't know much on those questions but i would say you can get a fair civic for that price range and i would say your best bet would be to try your local honda dealership?

Old 10-29-2005, 08:32 PM

thanks for the props on the bike.

as for the local honda dealer? well i used to sell cars and lets just say i know the ins and outs of the biz and am extremely leary about buying a car from a dealer.

right now this guy has an add in the paper for a 97 Civic with a body kit, new tires and 17 inch rims..it has a 126,000 miles on it.

My dad who is a mechanic told me to buy one stock and mod it myself..but im lazy and don't know much about modding..so im not sure if that will be the best route for me.

anyways..thanks for the input.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:37 PM

basically anyone around here could help ya with modding, the first and main performance mods are intake, header, exhaust, then for looks, rims, tires, window tint, sound system, for handling, shocks, straut bar, lowering springs and the list goes on and on

i get what your saying about the car dealership, dads lookin into a new car, and the car salesmen are like greased pigs, very slick

126k on a honda engine isn't bad unless it was red lined

Old 10-29-2005, 08:45 PM

You may want to stay away from body kits for now. If you get into it alot I think you will find you dont much care for body kits and if you do you will want to pick one out yourself.

For the amount of money you are working with Id say go for an eg. Anything 92-95. EX and SI are the best.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:58 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the site[sm=hiya.gif] i think you will enjoy buying a stock car and modding it yourself, its alot of work sometimes but it sure pays off and u will be proud of what you did,and you learn alot about your car..and any questions you got all of us to help you out

Old 10-29-2005, 11:26 PM

Hey thanks for the replies..i've already learned some stuff just in one day of being here.

I guess I could take on the project of modding it myself. How mechanically inclined does one have to be to take on a project like modding a civ? because i am not mechanically inclined AT ALL. you guys are a great resource and could be very helpful though which makes me want to give it a shot..plus like the last dude said..you get more pride when you do it yourself.

So is Ebay a good way to get a Civ? Or should I be scouring the local classified ad's and ad's on the net?

Right now all I know is that I want a Civ coupe...so im open to all options and ideas.

Old 10-30-2005, 07:11 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Thats the beauty of civics bro, You really don't have to be THAT mechanically inclined to work on them. I agree with LEVIII, look for an EG civic 92-95, in the EX or SI trim. With the wealth of knowledge accesible on this site, I dont think you'll have any trouble modding your own ride.

oh yeah, and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

Old 10-30-2005, 10:35 AM
HCF Member

no, the si is hatch and the ex is coupe or sedan, and ex has power windows and locks. same motor though. and SIs al have rear disc brakes and only some EXs do.

Old 10-30-2005, 01:23 PM

i used to have a honda shadow spirit ace... loved it and honda makes a verry good bike. with the few mods i had on it, it beat a few heavy hd's.

Quick Reply: Honda motorcycle rider getting into Civics