New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

horn is not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 01:33 PM
Default horn is not working

I've checked the fuse under the hood and the dash and they are still good. Does anyone ever have problem with horn not working? if so, what could be a problem with that? a horn itself need to be replaced?

I have a 1993 honda civic with automatic transmission and on the shift gear box where lights usually lights up when you turn on your headlights, the light is out, but everywhere else is working. Could this be a problem with a fuse? I couldn't seem to be able to locate which fuse to check on that or if there's actually a bulb underneath that gear box need to be replaced ?

As you can tell, I'm obviously not a car nut! any help will be appreciated!

Old 12-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Default RE: horn is not working

1) most likely a dead horn, or loose wire, easiest way to find out is to locate the horn at the front of your engine compartment (most likely in front of radiator), and perform a visual check

2) assuming you mean the gear selection indicator on the center console, and not in the dash guages, is likely a dead bulb, to my knowledge, there is no fuse for this/if there is, it's the same as your dash light fuse