New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.
View Poll Results: A poll
1-2
28.57%
2-3
0%
0%
Entire pot of coffee!!!
71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

How many cups of coffee has Si Racer had today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Default RE: How many cups of coffee has Si Racer had today?

ORIGINAL: SiRacer

I suggest that u get a pulley kit with that and a ECU with the intake and Exhaust the ECU will give u the most power u can get out of them. Cause with the stok ECU it still has restrictions
I know little about the ECU, but don't you have to run 92 Octane? Pulley kit; does this replace the belts?

Old 12-15-2004, 07:20 PM

Who else voted besides me and Si?

Old 12-15-2004, 07:22 PM

I have no Clue i was jus askin myself that

Old 12-15-2004, 08:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Hugh Manatee

ORIGINAL: SiRacer

I suggest that u get a pulley kit with that and a ECU with the intake and Exhaust the ECU will give u the most power u can get out of them. Cause with the stok ECU it still has restrictions
I know little about the ECU, but don't you have to run 92 Octane? Pulley kit; does this replace the belts?
So whaddya say?

Old 12-15-2004, 08:14 PM

tell you the truth i dont know if u need to run 92 octane but you dont replace the belts wen u but a pulley kit its the wheels u replace

Old 12-15-2004, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

pulley kit is accesory pulleys (alternator, power steering) that underdrives them to free up more hp for acceleration. im not sure abouthte belts though. i thinkyou could adjust it to work, but ive never done it, so im not sure. and yeah, run premium with a ecu upgrade.

Old 12-15-2004, 08:30 PM

I run 92 octane at all times so it didnt make a diference with me

Old 12-15-2004, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

pulley kit is accesory pulleys (alternator, power steering) that underdrives them to free up more hp for acceleration. im not sure abouthte belts though. i thinkyou could adjust it to work, but ive never done it, so im not sure. and yeah, run premium with a ecu upgrade.
Thanks sacicons. I guess I should start another thread? LOL. I wasn't planning on asking y'all all these questions until I actually started working on the car. HOWEVER, since we're on the subject. What are (in your opinion) the HP gains for these thingskeeping in mind it's an 03 LX Sedan)

CAI
Exhaust
ECU
Pulley Kit

I'll probably do the CAI right off the bat. I guess what I'm getting at is what order should I do these. I doubt the CAI will increase HP alot on it's own. I'm not looking to build a racer. Just a sleeper that'll pass a stock V-6 Accord,Camry etc.

Thanks in advance. BTW, I forget the thread but you were asking where in Nor-Cal I live. I'm in Brentwood. It's Northeast of Walnut Creek/Concord. Also it's about 25-30 miles NorthWEST of Stockton.

Old 12-15-2004, 09:36 PM
HCF Member

im not really sure, try looking at import tuners (the magazine) website, they do the power pages when they test the parts one at a time, im sure theyve done an 01 up civ. i dunno, its worth a try.

Old 12-15-2004, 09:46 PM

Thanks sac, I ordered a tuner book on Monday. Yeah, there's a couple of local shops that can probably help me out on it. I work 2-3 days a week in Fremont, home of StreetWize. Don't know if you've heard of them but they do some nice work on exotics. Also, modacar.com is located 15 miles from my house.

Thanks again. Good to see a Nor-Cal in here!

Quick Reply: How many cups of coffee has Si Racer had today?