New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Howdy y'all

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Default Howdy y'all

howdy y'all, name's Sawyer, and my particular Civic is a white 1996 EX...with a slight mod to the exterior in the form of some dents from when I was in third grade and tried to be helpful and bang the ice off the car with a hammer hehe. It's been in my family since my grandma bought it new way back when, and she eventually gave it to my dad since he needed a car, and now it belongs to me and my sister, although she's saving up for a Jeep. I've done absolutely nothing to it except install an aftermarket stereo (JVC head unit, Kenwood speakers, Sound Ordnance B8-P sub), and have a K&N Air Charger on order as my bday gift to myself, as well as some blue LEDs for the interior. otherwise, it's bone stock. Looking forward to hanging around and gettin to know y'all and workin on the Civic.
As for other hobbies, i'm a model railroader and a cheesehead (GO PACKERS!). i also played rugby my freshman and sophomore years of high school, but this year I'm busy working and also prefer having my shoulder in whatever pieces it's in now instead of a billion.
EDIT: ok, so no pics of the car since I'm in greenville until tmrw, but here's a shot of the sub after it was first installed (it's been flipped 180 since then)

Last edited by packers#1; 11-25-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:47 AM

Welcome to the forum!

I see you are looking for new seats as well by your other thread I posted in.

Those blue interior lights might get "old" after awhile, so don't go too crazy with them.

I am an Eagles fans myself, but the Packers are one of my long time favorites since I have been a kid. They are having an amazing season this year, too!

Old 11-27-2011, 09:20 AM

thanks man, and yeah, I am. I've heard everything from Integra to Del Sol and Prelude seats, but I'd have to reuse the Civic rails...now how that works, I'll figure it out then.
Yeah, those interior lights are brighttttttt. My dad and I hooked them up to a switch, so if I don't want lights, just hit the switch.
Name:  IMG_5664.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  48.6 KB
And heck yeah, I watched the Thanksgiving game, that was insane! I really wish the Packers D was playing like last year, but at 11-0, it's a bit tough to complain...As for teh eagles, I love Jeremy Maclin, can't stand De'Shawn Jackson, and am glad Mike Vick got another chance
EDIT: oh yeah, and an overview of the car
Name:  IMG_5658.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  63.1 KB

Old 11-27-2011, 02:02 PM

Car looks good. I would definitely save up and buy some coil overs to lower it

As for the seat swap, it is extremely easy if you have to change out rails. Just take your time and do one side at a time. There are guides out there on how to do it I believe.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:56 PM

Well, ya see, I work at Tyler's Sanitation here in Aiken, and the road to the shop is a gravel road with a decent bump. Also, the main road into my neighborhood has a major bump they designed into the road to keep rain water from running down the street; there's already a bunch of scrapes in it from drive shafts already, so while lowering would be awesome, it's got me kinda nervous.
sweet on the seat swap, how much do you think seats will cost? I'll probably save up and then either call the auto salvage yard or ask my boss if he knows of anyone with the right seats.
And yeah, the body is in good shape, until you see all the little dents from a third grader trying to hit the ice off the car way back when...oh well. I would love to paint this thing black, but the body work involved to get that right might be beyond me right now
Here's some of the dents; one guy on clubcivic suggested dry ice
Name:  IMG_5659.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  35.1 KB

Old 12-02-2011, 02:49 PM

And the intake has been installed! I did most of the work, but my dad came out and helped me finish it up
Name:  IMG_5670.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  95.2 KB
And here's what keeps the hood up. My buddy at work was used to GM products, so when we washed my car and he went to put the hood down, he bent up the support and dented the hood, although we banged the hood back to shape
Name:  IMG_5671.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  72.4 KB

Old 12-03-2011, 07:13 AM

Looks good. I would pull that lower plastic piece the OEM intake connected to.

You should make a project thread!

Old 12-07-2011, 04:42 PM

thanks man, I'll hopefully get around to that this weekend.
As for a project thread, I will once I get the new new receiver that I bought as my Christmas gift to myself (went from just CDs to HD Radio, two aux inputs, usb, and a much better EQ tuning set-up, as well as a better amp in the unit)