New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

i dunno what to do!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Default i dunno what to do!!!!!!

hello my fellow civic tuners, how are you guys doing???, i hope fine, i have a 2000 eX coupe, and i want to make my car go fast, my mods right now are simple, i have a set of lowering springs from progress, and that's it, nothing else, nada, i want turbo, there's nothing like the sound if a blow off chirpin', it's the best, isn't it?? i know i can turbocharge my current motor (d16y8) and run something like 176 to the wheels@7 psi, it's good, but not what i'm looking for, u know what i mean??? i wanna kick some ****,and still have a daily driver in the very meaning of the word, it's my only car, and i'm not planning on buying a new car, or not any time soon, i know i can raise up the levels of boost, but i gotta work on the internals( u know, pistons, rods etc..) the other option is the magic word SWAP, my car is OBD2, and i wanna keep it like that, cuz i wanna pass emissions on my state(Virginia), so i gotta buy an obd2 motor, i love the Bseries, i rode in a Integra GS-r, and i couldn't stop smiling, but let's face it, i'm young and honestly, i'm not broke, but i don't have a lotta money, however, i can save, in fact i'm working hard to fullfill my dream(how corny is that line?) the Gs-r is expensive, so i can afford a B16, it's fricking hard to find one obd2, but i can get it, and if i do, well, i'll have to wait to make it turbo,however, i know that the b16 has more "tuning potential" than the d16, so the question is, should i go the"easy route" and turbo my current motor or should i do the swap, even though it'll cost almost the same, or it'll be cheaper to turbo the d series????
please answer a confused tuner, because a lotta people keep confusing me more, i've got opinions of people saying that i should do the swap, that the d series motr has no potential, that it sucks, that it'll never, or it shouldn't be, compared with the b16, or any b series, period. that if i wanna kikc some , i should do the swap without hesitate, and i got opinions from people who tells me that i am lucky of having this motor cuz i have vtec, tht i'll go fast, and that swaps can go wrong, because you never know the condition of that motor, so tell me what should i do?????

Old 08-16-2005, 05:07 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: i dunno what to do!!!!!!

Hi, I don't have any advice on engine swaps, but hello and welcome to the forum

Old 08-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Cat Fuсker

Well from my point of view, swapping first would be better as this is the logical route as if you turbo the "D", you'll later be stuck with parts for it...and you will see ALMOST IDENTICAL power gains from either turboing the d16y8 or the B16 swap...

Old 08-16-2005, 05:19 PM

it all depends what comes first if its reliability then don't do anything keep it stock. no matter how good u do the mods something breaks. If i was u i would swap because then u can always add a supercharger or turbo to the b16 and that will produce more power then the d series will. I have to swapped motors in my cars the only thing i have to say is when u swap it out don't be cheap get all new parts for it like wires , plugs , rotors, even sensors. just do it right get the motor from a place that has a good rep..

Old 08-16-2005, 05:19 PM

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_78591/tm.htm

this should answer a question for you. the d has potential. not as much as the b series motors but it is bad-*** if you tune it right. i would look into boosting that thing, but keep on researching and youll figure it out. good luck

Old 08-16-2005, 05:25 PM

yes, that's what i'ma do, the place is inline pro(www.inlinepro.com) they are GOOD in this of swapping and turbocharging, and the price is reasonable good

Old 08-16-2005, 05:31 PM

Welcome to the forum! Personal opinion, rock the "D"!!!! It has mad potential like elfready said but ultimately its up to you!!!

Old 08-16-2005, 06:18 PM
HCF Member

its costing my 1300 to boost my d16z6 with a greddy kit. Go to turbod16.com and ull see the potential. Swaps are a lot of money....for what a swap would cost you, you could get your motor built bulletproof........and boost it and run insane amounts of boost. Stick to the D.........just like sniper and i. lol the "Super D series"

Old 08-16-2005, 07:19 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 08-16-2005, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

Rock the D!!

Swaps are for wimps.

Run what you brung.
Dance with who brought you.
In other words, why dont' you just put a LS1 350 in there if you are gonna swap somethin'?

Quick Reply: i dunno what to do!!!!!!