New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

i guess i should do this...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Default RE: i guess i should do this...

thankya. if i hadn't gotten it for such a steal, it wouldn't be on there. the TRD kit, from the factory back in 2001 and 2002, cost around $1500. i got it for $140 shipped up from Florida.

...furthermore...everything i've done to the car, totalled, has cost me UNDER $500. maybe i'm just damned good in shopping for deals?

Old 10-05-2005, 09:09 AM

oh...and in case anyone decides to say the boyfriend put everything on there for me - he didn't. i do the work on all cars i've owned, from oil changes to motor swaps.

proof!

Old 10-05-2005, 09:23 AM
mxs
HCF Member

you have access to a lift? no fair!

Old 10-05-2005, 09:26 AM

hahah...only occasionally. i have a few friends who work as tech for dealerships in the Baltimore area, so when they are there late sometimes i'll be able to get in there. i'm glad i have access to lifts, too - i wouldn't have been able to do my sway bars as easily as i did without it. besides, this way i have access to air tools as well.

whenever i can afford a house, i have a specific demand that it have a tall garage, or that i can build one in the back yard with a post lift. i WILL NOT take my cars to a dealer if i can avoid it, and having a lift will severely limit the possibility of me needing a dealer.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:44 AM
HCF Member

Welcome!!!!!!

Old 10-05-2005, 09:50 AM

thankee kindly

Old 10-05-2005, 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: snoochiebooches

whenever i can afford a house, i have a specific demand that it have a tall garage, or that i can build one in the back yard with a post lift. i WILL NOT take my cars to a dealer if i can avoid it, and having a lift will severely limit the possibility of me needing a dealer.
that's a good idea! i sound like a wuss, but i realized the other night while inspecting the underside of my car that i get a little claustrophobic (maybe b/c it was at night and i couldn't see a lot). i dread the idea of letting some dealership work on my car.

welcome to the forum! btw, if you like toyotas, you should get a 00-05 celica.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:43 AM

thanks for the welcome.

i shouldn't get anything other than i have right now, because i'm not making payments on the Corolla...besides, this is a daily driver. furthermore - why the HELL would i get a sporty car with FWD? my next project is an RX7 with an LS1 swap...for reliability and gas mileage. i'll save my money until then.

...though, if you want to get me a Celi from the late 60s...i'd appreciate it. hell...while you're at it, drop the cash on a 1967 2000GT for me, willya?

Old 10-05-2005, 10:46 AM

ORIGINAL: snoochiebooches

oh...and in case anyone decides to say the boyfriend put everything on there for me - he didn't. i do the work on all cars i've owned, from oil changes to motor swaps.

proof!

damn thats hot. wish my gf was handy like that. welcom to the forum! and i would like to say if i didnt have a civic i would have a new carolla s. i love those things![sm=bicker.gif]

Old 10-05-2005, 10:49 AM

heh...i wish more chicks understood the basics. if i ever have kids they'll be doing oil changes by the time they're 10 or 11.

i don't like the new body style. it looks too much like an egg for my taste. besides, why look at the S when you can look at the XRS, which boasts the same engine that's in the Celica GT-S? 170HP to start is pretty attractive. still lacks torque, though.

Quick Reply: i guess i should do this...