New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

I need Lowering Spring Experts !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Default I need Lowering Spring Experts !!!

I'm planning on installing lowering springs on my 2005 Civic Coupe. I've been reading alot about Tein, H&R, and Progress. My strut assembly is a little different than older civics, and is a little more technical to mess with. If anyone has experience with installing springs and camber kits (ex. Front/Ingalls Fast-Cam Bolt) or has an opinion on the better of these three springs I would greatly appreciate it. I'm looking for a more aggressive look- better, stiffer cornering, but yet a descent ride for everyday driving. Thanks!

[IMG]local://upfiles/9602/601BC30FEE6A455C91AD70F067A5759A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-02-2006, 03:00 AM
Default RE: I need Lowering Spring Experts !!!

hm.... dont realy know to mutsh about the new setup of the new civic s but ill say gont go te coil over way if u want betta handling spend the money on some good spings eiback koni and so on and some good shocks but if u just wanne slam it 2 the ground to go 2 some shows and still be able 2 drive on normal streets coilovers are the way to go

Old 04-02-2006, 02:28 PM

I have Eibach Pro-Kit springs on my car and i love them. They drop my car an even inch and it looks pretty good and still has a descent ride. Eibach also makes the Sport-Line kit which will lower it another maybe .4 inches. I heard tho that the Sport-Line is a lot more of a rough ride, stiffer yes, but a little too stiff. Eibach has a pretty good reputation and they seem to be holding up great. I also heard that if you are going to do lowering springs and not replace the shocks, that Tein S-Techs are great because they are meant to be used with stock shocks.

If you want to have a nice drop to get rid of the wheel gap and still keep a not too stiff ride, i would say that the Eibach Pro-Kit will treat you pretty good. A little more drop then just getting rid of the wheel gap, go with the sport line, but it will be very bumpy and possibly too much on the stock shocks.

Old 04-02-2006, 02:29 PM

P.S. I have a newer civic too, an '05. So both of our cars should be lowered about the same with each kit.

Old 04-02-2006, 09:53 PM

Thanks! Did you have to use any camber kits at all?

Old 04-03-2006, 11:07 AM
HCF Member

i have an 03 and i dropped mine on aerospeed coilovers. the ride is rough, but not unbearable. i put a camber kit on. i highly doubt you'll be able to do the job yourself, take it to a shop.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:15 PM
HCF Member

a friend of mine dropped his sunfire (boo) with some cheap 20 dollar coilovers from ebay. It looked sweet and the cornering was unbelievable but the ride was hell. Their was times my head smashed against the ceiling of the car the ride was so rough. And I do believe he went through some shocks before he ended up taking them off.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:08 PM

Dont lower it , It was Fu&k up your aligment Bad and you will eat tires up!

Old 04-06-2006, 09:39 PM

^^^^When you lower your car you go and get your alignment redone so its all evened out. Of course lowering your car sets off the alignment, but thats why the next step is getting your alignment fixed...Not that big of a deal

Old 04-06-2006, 09:41 PM

Lower your car! It looks great and will improve your cornering and reduce wieght shifting a little

Quick Reply: I need Lowering Spring Experts !!!