New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Ideas, Ideas, Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 01:16 AM
Default Ideas, Ideas, Ideas

Whats up everyone...OK, so I just got my first Honda Civic Ex 98...in milano red?
Anyways, I thinks thats the color. Just slammed my '00 Subaru WRX into a tree...
thought I was going to be OK, but then they took it appart and said there was too
much frame damage to fix...<sigh> Anyways, Im new to the Honda gig, and since
Im busy paying off my new car and putting my sorry *** through college, I need some
ideas.

First off, I need tints...because its so F***ING hot in Vegas! (Anyone from Las Vegas who
can give me the # of a good tint shop?) I've already put in short ram air intake, but other
than that, its stock! Any ideas from you folks out there? Im a poor college student, so lets
be resonable...under $200 for some add-ons.

Also, I did a major tune up--belts, timing belt, fuel filter (only because I drove this thing cross
country after I bought it!). Right now its only at 81K (a baby for Hondas, so Im told)

Anyways, let me know guys!
-Cyrano-

Oh, and is eBay a good place to buy some parts...i.e. Angel Eyes, Front grills, etc...

Old 06-24-2005, 06:26 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Ideas, Ideas, Ideas

Welcome aboard! Ebay will be your friend for products like that, just do some shopping around before you click the "Buy Me" button.. I drive a 99 EX in Milano red, so our cars aren't that much different. There are plenty of little things here and there that you can do with 200 bucks at a time. I for instance did a full strut bar kit, then cat-back exhaust (little more than 200, heh heh), and today i'll be putting in my AEM CAI. Search the forum for ideas and you'll be tuning in no time.

Old 06-24-2005, 09:01 AM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF

Old 06-24-2005, 10:05 AM
HCF Member

HCF welcomes you...

Good Luck and I agree with Forty04. Just review the product before buying it. Make sure it fits and it gives you what you're looking for.

Old 06-24-2005, 06:28 PM

Thanks Forty04...saw the ride, nice! I just wish I had a garage where I could tinker with my car. I think my radiator sprung a leak...might need to get that fixed before I can do anything. Does it matter if you use metal or plastic radiator? Local shop says they can fix it for $200 w/ the plastic radiator, but since the original is metal, Im not sure what to do.

Damn those angel eyes look nice on eBay. I think I might have to get em after my tints!

Old 06-24-2005, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum. ebay is most definately the highest suggestion on this forum.

theres not much you can do for 200 bucks...a good AEM CAI intake will set you back about that much...which would be a good start. some suspension upgrades maybe, but thats about it.

again welcome to the forum!

Forty your putting in the CAI? sweet...get some pics tomorrow or the day after (after sunday im gone for four weeks).

Old 06-24-2005, 08:41 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum. that sucks about the wrx they are pretty nice cars. but, civics are too!! if u go for ebay, check the sellers feedback cause u dont wanna get screwed!