New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Im a customizing virgin

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 08:04 AM
Default RE: Im a customizing virgin

ok well i know about superchargers and turbos (a little anyways) but what is N/A

Old 08-03-2005, 08:10 AM

N/A means naturally aspirated, an engine without forced induction.

Old 08-03-2005, 08:28 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

First off, welcome!

Like Sniper said, you should probably choose to either go N/A or FI (Forced Induction such as turbo, supercharger, or nitrous). If you want my two cents, I would go N/A for now. Only because you're going to end up spending 3-4k on just a turbo, and nothing else. While if you go N/A for now, you could do a plethera of things. So i guess that will be your first major decision, after your mind is made up, it will give us all a much better idea of what to make you more aware of. Good luck, and most importantly, have fun!!!

-40-

Nah, I think the best bagn for the buck is a HCF decal... those things gve you an instant +20 bhp for $6 friggin bucks... I know, its hard to believe.

Old 08-03-2005, 09:11 AM

well i think ill be going N/A for now and add the turbo on later I understand I need one for the high end gears on a civic (but that can wait til i have more cash). so i need a recomendation on what to do with the engine its got a lot of miles on it and it either needs to be rebuilt or replaced. how can I tell what kind of motor i have.

Oh and Remington before i get this car on the street it will be sportin a HCF decal.

Old 08-03-2005, 05:20 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: DCAcivic

ORIGINAL: freebass

I've always wanted to customize a car and soon I'll get my chance.
problem is I don't know whats best and have no one to show me.
so...
i have a standard '92 honda civic 4 door dx, I've had it for a while but me and my girl are about to each get new cars so i plan on putting the civic in the garage and stripping it down. or getting a newer civic thats 2 door and seeing what my best approach is.
I guess my first question would be is it worth messing with this car or should I try to get something newer and 2 door?

If I replace the motor, which I will if I go with my current car, should i get a Vtech or is there something else I should get?

so if your a customizing virgin..and we helped out..does that mean we popped your cherry... lol mod's can delete this at any point lol
haha for some reason i was thinking the same thing. when we were backpacking in new mexico a few weeks ago we decided not to talk about real food until the 2nd to last day before basecamp. day 8 we started talking about it...and my friend david was like 'so i guess we popped the food talkin cherry'. we laughed

welcome to the forum!!!! and get a DX if your tall...they have more headroom. id go 99-00 too.

Old 08-07-2005, 06:51 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]