New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Im a NEW Member

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Default Im a NEW Member

Hello everyone, My name is Michael and im 21
today is a crazy day for me, i became an owner of 1993 Honda Civic DX 4 door sedan, 1.5L 16valve SOHC Dark blue in color

I decided that this civic will be my First project car ever,,,

i dont have pictures yet but ill try to post them tomarou,
My civic came with ONE stock 13'' wheel and THREE Donuts
Custom exhaust ( very Loud) i guess jsut muffler but it looks cool and Half of Short ram intake ( no filter just Aluminum pipe ) also a strut bar under hood

So my first mod is offcoarse new wheel and tires

ANy Suggestions????? im thinking going with low profile 15" rims ( from 13 to 15)
Can you guys give me some tips PLEASE or how u guys do it, i looked at some pics of ur rides and there are some nice wheels but couldnt figure out what is the general size up usually people go i dont want too big but just like a racing car

thanks
mike

Old 07-23-2009, 11:26 PM
HCF Member

15's are nice.

and i'm partial to gold/bronze rims ond blue cars Check out some Drag rims

Old 07-23-2009, 11:33 PM

Welcome to HCF

15" is a great wheel size. For your car, you would probably be looking at 15" x 6.5" rims. For tires on your car you'll want 195/50/15. I think your car would probably look best with some black, gunmetal, or silver wheels. Bronze and gold might not look too good.
I think you'll want to take a look at Rota and Drag wheels. They offer quality, nice looking wheels, at a low cost.
discounttiredirect.com has a pretty big selection of Drag wheels and some good tires... they have a good deal on shipping (free) and the tires are pretty inexpensive too. I picked up a set of Falken Ziex 512's for ~$225 with my wheels that I bought. Delivered to my door it was $580 for everything, ready to be installed. I don't know if I would recommend using their lug nuts, I don't particularly like the ones they give you (looks-wise). I would look into some short Rays lugs or something like that.

Priorities first though...
First thing you need to do is get a filter on that intake! Take a tape measurer or ruler and measure the opening on the end's diameter. That will tell you the size filter you need. Here's a site that has a pretty good selection of filters.

I recommend AEM Dryflow. Don't go with a cheap no-name filter from eBay, they can hurt your gas mileage and performance, and don't filter well at all. Probably won't last long either. If you are comfortable using eBay you can also get good filters on eBay... just make sure they are name brand.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:51 PM
HCF Member

spammer?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by my_hidden_romance
spammer?
who??

Old 07-24-2009, 07:24 AM

Thank you guys, big help for first time

thanks apprciate it