New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Insurance questions regarding an accident

Old 03-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Default Insurance questions regarding an accident

I just got in an accident this morning. The other vehicle was one of those ugly white trucks that distribute goods.
The truck ripped my rear pass. side quarter panel and my bumper and only his bumper was bent just a bit.
The police gave me a citation for improper passing and one to him for improper left turn and he said it is up to the insurance companies to decide what to do.
I do not have collision with my insurance.
Has any one ever experienced a similar situation?
I called their insurance company and they just gave me a claim number and have not yet contacted me. My insurance company on the other hand does not care because I do not have collision and there was not much damage to the truck.
I would appreciate to have your comments.
By the way I got a quote form Honda for the repair. 2500 to $3500 Is this crazy or what?

Old 03-01-2006, 09:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Insurance questions regarding an accident

Actually... thats a pretty good deal for that kind of damage.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:52 PM

I kinda thought that Dealers are the most expensive place, and hope that other places are cheaper. I'll post the new quotes as soon as I get them.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:15 AM
HCF Member

holy crap...that is dam cheap for that, i got into a little banger a wile ago and my damage was half of that..even less then half, and they quoted me over $3000

Old 03-02-2006, 10:42 AM
HCF Member

but its always better to get as high of an estimate as possible when its someone else's fault, because then their insurance company writes you a check and you can take it somewhere cheaper. then when you don't use all of that money it can go in your pocket.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:54 AM
HCF Member

^Ah yes....Insurance fraud. Beautiful.... Honestly, it looks like his fault. You'd have to explain the "improper passing" but he made a left turn into you when YOU were in front of him or in his view. Unless you were speeding past or around him at, say, more than 10mph over what he was going, it looks like it would be his fault.

Regarding the claim number: Be sure to give that number to your insurance company and get some contact info to your insurance agent so he can contact them. Let them duke it out for a while. See if your agent can get a taped phone statement from you of your side of the story. That way you won't have to keep retelling it and risk giving different information every time and discrediting you. Trust me on this....I had liability only on my car, sped past a Stratus, who started a U-turn from her lane into mine. I creamed her and it would've been my fault if I hadn't done ^(that stuff). If the insurance companies look at the damage, they will see that it wasn't your fault (again....depending upon the "improper passing" ticket)

Old 03-02-2006, 10:00 PM

I got a full detailed estimate today for 4500 from Honda. Another news is that I got a call from the guy’s insurance investigator and asked me to describe the accident and recorded the conversation. Then someone from his insurance company called and we set up a time to estimate the damages to my car. I am not sure if these are good news but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I am very sure that this accident was his fault and I am not making anything up, so I think I know every single detail.
I did not get my agent to tape anything so I guess they have one card against me now. But I am pretty sure I will describe the accident as it happened over and over because I am telling the truth.
Thanks for all your comments so far.