New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Just bought a ’94 Hatchback DX

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Default Just bought a ’94 Hatchback DX

Hi all:
I’m back in the game. Just bought a ’94 Hatchback DX, 185k mi, bone stock but for an Alpine AM/FA Cassette (removeabl face looks like a possible change-out to CD or MP3). Dent on both sides and hood & top paint (dark blue) oxidized, but perfect interior (grey). I had a ’94 CRX HF 1.3L, put on 330k miles. Let’s see what I get out of this ’94. But first (after some body work): – get sunroof installed.
Second - replace stock steel wheels & tires (here’s where I’m up for suggestions – nothing wild, just better handling).
I’ll check in now and then for more ideas but the Civic is a lot more fun than my Jimmy!

Old 10-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Default RE: Just bought a ’94 Hatchback DX

Now that's what I want!!! I'm pretty new to this scene, but from the input I have gotten, if you want something fast, what you bought is the base to start with. Nice and light and ripe for modification. Congratulations!!! Hope I get as lucky!!!

Old 10-19-2005, 05:49 PM

yeah first thing i would do is change that engine... 330k is good for daily driven but i wouldnt want to put it through to manny battles..... damn i have an 88 hatch with 220k someone really drove the **** out of that thig! get some pics too. good luck.

Old 10-19-2005, 08:16 PM

i bought my 95 dx and it has 36k miles ive daily driven it for a year...how much does installing a sun roof cost?

Old 10-20-2005, 06:15 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Welcome aboard!

What is your overall goal for the car? Bad *** daily driver, autoXer, drag...

Old 10-20-2005, 08:27 AM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum[sm=hiya.gif] are your going to install the sunroof yourself? because if you are take lots of pics and do a DIY..i always thought about getting one installed but i dont no if its worth it or not, doubt im gunna do it

Old 10-20-2005, 09:31 AM

Welcome to the forum!!!

Old 10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Default Sunroof, Wheels on ’94 Hatchback DX

RE: Just bought a ’94 Hatchback DX
Thanks for the feedback. Three items:
Sunroof –
Sorry, I don’t have time or materials to install one but I take all my vehicles to Mr. Sunroof. $425 gets me a simple, two-position open or removable sunroof. Sure, I’m good with 2-55 air conditioning but the sunroof is quieter and can be left cracked open when parked (more secure than an open window). Also, I’ve done a lot of motorcycle riding and love having open sky above me, day or night (but live on my boat and a convertible is not very safe).
Wheels –
with the big Civic rally here in San Francisco this weekend, I might get a good price on “better” wheels – but what size will give the best performance?
Overall goal –
urban commuter (reliable) with attitude - more go (handling) than show (flash gets ripped-off around here) - fun driving in the hills.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Default my kinda new whip

What up all just bought a 93 civic dx coup. black its got some serious work ahead of it tho. i have to replace the driver side qaurter panel, due a k20 engine swap, and gets the body modifications going. the engine already has a ractive short ram intake, magnaflow head-back exhaust, msd coil, cap, wires and ignition box and a pilot strut bar. i put the msd stuff in but the rest came with the car. i have a real problem tho when i was "pushing the limits" so to speak i took a curve had to down shift and at that exact moment the gauge cluster died out and my blinkers dont work very well, this really isnt my area so any feed back would be great thanks

Old 10-21-2005, 08:55 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: my kinda new whip

Welcome to the forum guys! If ya need info just look around! The site is fairly organized. We mods and admins try to keep it pretty clean.

Quick Reply: Just bought a ’94 Hatchback DX