New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Just bought a 93 Civic DX

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Default Just bought a 93 Civic DX

Whats Up Guys... Im new to the Civic forum... I bought this 93 Civic For a couple of reasons...... 1) Its in good shape low miles 2) I wanted a project car for me and my Boyfriend to work on.... Ok with that said.... this is a stock civic with some teg seats thats it...... I want to do some tasteful mods. This will be my everyday car for a lil bit and i have a son.. so nothing crazy and on a budget lol..... I have seen it does have some problems.... needs a shifter cable i have never seen a cable thats looks almost cut threw.... Transmission guys says this could be the cause of the car reving so high before shifting idk any thoughts on that... next the brakes some times the brake pedals on the floor and the car still moves and sometimes the car doesnt .. once again idk.... next in interior ugh it needs new carpet.. should i stay with the factory tan or go with a different color.... So guys im looking for some input and ideas for this car.... thanks

Old 04-27-2011, 06:34 AM

Hello...... welcome to the forum......I have a son, too...... no idea on the shifter issue........sounds like an air bubble in the brake master cylinder....flush it out....swap out for black as well as the entire interior...swap to black.....you're welcome.....