New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Just bought a 99 Civic EX

Old 03-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Default Just bought a 99 Civic EX

Hello All,
I just purchased a white 1999 Civic EX a few weeks ago and have really begun to enjoy my car. It had 128,000 miles on it and i got it for $1800. Pretty good price I think. It has a couple tiny dings and a few chips in the paint but looks great. It is completely stock, down to the original plug wires; one of which was giving it a slight miss and causing the CEL to come on. I pulled the codes the day I bought it (cylinder 2 misfire and general misfire) and swapped out the plug wire. Since then it runs great. I changed the tar, well oil, which had been in there quite a while and the pcv valve which was nonfunctioning. I believe the previous owner only changed the oil once in a very great while and put gas in it as far as maintenance. I plan on doing the fuel filter, water pump, and timingbelt next. I kind of like that the car is completely intact and I don't have to figure out what someone else did to it. I found the factory service manual online for it which will help out quite a bit I think. I posted links to those in my only other post here. I think I may eventually go with a cold air or short ram intake, header, cat back, and maybe even a cam later. I am really not sure on this though. I like that I get 30mpg and it has enough pep to pass when need be. I will have to read up on the possible affects of some "upgrades" on mileage. Well, just wanted to introduce myself. Nice forum you all have here. Hello from Fort Hood, Texas.