New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Just bought a Civic PICS

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 12:55 AM
HCF Member
Default Just bought a Civic PICS

I just got this thing less than a week ago. I love it. It's a 1998 EX coupe, 1.6L VTEC 16v 5 speed. I call it "Knight Rider"

I bought it just as you see it. Huge spoiler and all. I ripped it off a few days later. If anyone wants it, it's for sale.

Current mods include:
17" ICW Racing wheels
Sony CDX-L600x CD receiver
Altezza/Euro (I dunno which) tail lights
Halo projection headlights
keyless entry w/ alarm

I think that's about it.

Prospective mods:
CD changer
fix damn holes left by ugly spoiler
trash Euros and get smoked tails
intake, headers, and all that garbage

People are telling me I should lower it. I'm kinda iffy about that. It already rides pretty stiff. Any suggestions on that? What lowering kits are the best?

Just for kicks, here's the truck I sold to buy this. It's was a 1995 Chevy S-10 2.2L 5 speed. I miss it A LOT, but I couldn't afford two cars or to keep the truck. I called it "The Red Rocket". (yes I name my cars) For those of you that watch South Park, you'll know where this is from.

This was my first car. I did all the work myself. Which brings me to my next question: How hard is it to put bags on a Civic? Are there any kits available? I don't really plan on bagging it at this point, but I'm just curious. Bags are awesome, I must say. My truck drove like a Caddy.

Any comments about either ride are welcome. I look foward to being a part of this forum.

-Ryan

Old 11-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Default RE: Just bought a Civic PICS

Nice! Good decision on gettin rid of the spoiler. [:'(] I like the s10. Most of my friends are Chevy boys so I can definitely appreciate a Chevy.
Welcome to the forum!!

Old 11-14-2005, 06:23 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Welcome aboard man. Looks like you're no stranger to modding, any ideas on performance adders?

Old 11-14-2005, 07:09 AM

well nice ride.. put u can't put bags on a civic the wheel well is to small ...u can put air cylinders or air strut bags (which are smaller then bags) i would def.. suggest the cylinders though takes less air to put them up and down and goes alot quicker and switch out the compressor for some compressed nitrogen it will be a quick car up and down but it will be cheaper in intial buy but u have to keep refillin the nitrogen but its only like $10 a bottle. u can buy kits but i don't suggest it i got a company that you can get better valves from and all that..where u from

Old 11-14-2005, 08:21 AM

Welcome to the forum!!!!! Good call sell the lowered truck (man talk about an oxzymoron; lowered truck) to buy the civic. Looks good, not really feeling that wing but to each his own.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:32 AM

welcome to the forum, i think you'll like your civic

ORIGINAL: Chimera02EX

Welcome to the forum!!!!! Good call sell the lowered truck (man talk about an oxzymoron; lowered truck) to buy the civic. Looks good, not really feeling that wing but to each his own.
He said he took it off!

Old 11-14-2005, 09:45 AM

ahh my bad, didn't read that part.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:48 AM

lol, i knew you didn't, actually i hate reading, thats why i went to art school!

Old 11-14-2005, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum![sm=hiya.gif][sm=hiya.gif]car looks good, i got the same headlights as you, i would lower it..go to the suspension thread or use search to find options about springs, lots of posts about them

Old 11-15-2005, 12:07 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum!! Nice ride you got there and good call on the spoiler. Once you drop it, it will look sweet!

Quick Reply: Just bought a Civic PICS