New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Just joined

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Default RE: Just joined

The AEM V2 seems to have the consensus. The tech reviews I have done on my own seem to agree, sounds like a winner. Guess I'll have to pick one up this week and slap 'er on. It'll be my first mod---wish me luck---I'll post the results when I have something to tell.

Thanks to you all for welcoming me on-board and making me feel welcome. I appreciate the time you've given to me!

Old 01-10-2006, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: civicboy01

dd- I would say the AEM V2 hands down
i sudgested that in the pm. but its not a cai like he asked.

Old 01-10-2006, 03:26 PM
HCF Member

I checked out several different forums before joining this one, and I can tell you...this place has got it right. Honda folks seem to be the nicest, and most knowledgeable people around. The culture surrounding import tuning in general is fantastic, and I cant believe how much stuff is out there. One of the most popular cars in the country and so many of them are true individuals. It is exciting!
That means a lot to us, especially the HCF staff. I couldnt practically point out ignition wires until I came here. Now I have installed an exhaust, header and intake all by myself. I have learned TONS of stuff from here. At least I knew audio so I could give back to the forum. One really nice thing about the people here is they arent just knowledgable on performance, but great on maintenance! If you got a problem, most likely more than one person can help you identify it and even fix it!

As part of the HCF staff, Welcome! Sitck around and we'll learn ya a thing or two.

Also, if you feel you like it enough support the forum! Grab a decal!

Old 01-10-2006, 03:50 PM

You couldn't be more right about the people! I have all ready had several peices of good advice today, and many welcomes.

Question...I have noticed Titles below everyones login. What are they and how are they earned? Mine is newbie-obvious, and I get the moderator etc., but some of them seem to be group names, seniority, or something? It would be nice to know about the people your chating with ya Know?

Old 01-10-2006, 04:17 PM
HCF Member

Yes, they are. If you would like yours changed, Pm Patrick.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:32 PM

i think there sould be a rule on that. like 5th gear members and up. or something like that. sould be earned imo.

ps: that makes it cooler

Old 01-10-2006, 04:54 PM

Nah, I don't mind the label. I am a newbie. I guess I was wondering what the "gear" stuff was and and the names like dj has got under his login.

When I think I've earned the right not to be a newbie anymore, I'll ask you guys your opinion on it and see if Patrick will change it. Until then I'll keep my cherry intact.

Old 01-10-2006, 05:38 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: domestic disturbance

There is a whole lotta potential shoved into this little red machine, I only wish I had opted for the manual.
I wish you had opted for the manual too. hehe, kidding, kidding.

So, you're from Detroit?

Old 01-10-2006, 05:55 PM

Not from the city, a little west. Im at 14 mile and haggerty, the city is Novi. It takes about 30 min to get to the show, and I am about the same form the airport.

You guys need some help? I plan on going this year. If you need some help, a guide, travel info or advice...let me know. Hell, I can even meet people at the airport and hook you up with a ride to your hotel. My girlfriend has an Element so we got some space to pack a few in.

It starts this weekend and the local forcast doesn't look too bad right now--of course this is MI and it could change in 5 minutes--Lake effect B.S!

Old 01-10-2006, 06:01 PM
mxs
HCF Member

actually, we're all driving there, so no airport pickups necessary, but thanks for the offer! If you want to meet up with us at/after the show, just drop a line over in that thread. It's actually going to be a pretty small group, but it's going to be fun!

Quick Reply: Just joined