New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

just wanted to say hello

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Default just wanted to say hello

im actually getting ready to buy a civic, parking it for a couple years and building it up from scratch, being as though i cant get my license back till 2007, and wrecked my mustang, so trying out something new and although civics are awefully trendy here in phoenix they are very nice and reliable cars, and have what i would consider to be the most available modifications to them.. so im going to be browsing alot of old posts, and stickys trying to get a feel of what to expect, but from what ive seen im sure i can get a great deal of questions answered if and when they arise!

Old 06-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: just wanted to say hello

Cool man, i guess i'm the first to say....WELCOME! So feed us some details man. What kind/yr civic are you picking up, and what kind of plans you got brewin?

Old 06-22-2005, 01:36 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 06-22-2005, 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Cool man, i guess i'm the first to say....WELCOME! So feed us some details man. What kind/yr civic are you picking up, and what kind of plans you got brewin?
well ive been considering a 95 civic although im fond of the newer headlight styles of the 96+ havent quite decided cept im going with a sedan style, plan is to get a B18c1 engine build it up accordingly and setup a turbo system again the details are quite fuzzy since this is going to be my next 2 year project.. unless of course i can convince DMV to let me get my license back early body kit is definate, leaning towards vertical lift doors, dual exhaust system. my main goal at first is definately performance, im a total speed freak and if i could mount a jet engine well id bolt on wings and fly hehe

as for the year again i had a friend that converted his 92 civic with the newer headlight brackets, im not too sure but i was under the impression that the 92-97ish were completely interchangeable bodywise.. correct me if im wrong of course, but im currently in the market for my new project car :-)

Old 06-22-2005, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

the 6th gen (96-00) would be my choice (of coursei have a 99 DX so yeah...). the b18c1 is the most sought after engine to swap into that body...and you said you liked that headlight style. but please...stay away from big body kits and vertical doors. theyre super rice (as is the dual exhuast on a single turbo or a NA moter). thats about all i have to say but...WELCOME!!

Old 06-22-2005, 03:46 PM

haha yeah, im not exactly sure how im gonna go about it, ill hafta take it one step at a time, in which first step is pickin the perfect car, then really in deciding on which way to take it, ive decided against the dual exhaust already, vert doors may be a bit overrated, but some form of bodykit is definately in the future, ive been doin alot of searchin on the internet trying to find info, it was soo much easier gettin info for mustangs, can buy the blocks seperate tons of rebuild kits etc etc, but for civics cant find anywhere to get blocks alone rebuild kits or anything, only thing ive been running into is the japanese direct used engines, granted theyre spose to be low mileage but i used to work at a nissan dealership i know how scandelous salesmen can be hehe, but again, even with a stock motor i need to find the limits that i can push on it before the lower end gives out. my mustang had forged internals stock (available 91-92 only) so i knew it could handle a great deal, but finding available information about these has been a challenge for me, hopefully i can find people with some great links to available information

Old 06-22-2005, 09:46 PM
HCF Member

youre in Phoenix? there are tons of good shops in that area. go in and talk to a few of them and see what kind of prices they give you. thats the best place to start.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:13 PM

yeah there used to be a place right around the corner a few years back but i think they went out of business, streetbeat is downtown, havent been there in years, but guess im gonna hafta get out from behind the cpu and go look around :-)