New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

love my honda but know nothing about cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Default love my honda but know nothing about cars

Hi
I'm Jake from Fort Collins, CO and I've had my 1994 Civic VX since January but I really know next-to-nothing about cars. I want to make it fast and pretty... Fast before pretty of course. I believe it has a D16Z VTec engine in it but I'm really not sure. That's what my friend told me but he's not very reliable. If anyone knows I'd be appreciative. I've been told that maybe the first place to start would be to put a new engine in it all together but I can't afford that. I bought it with a modified exhaust on it already but I don't know what kind it is. As far as the engine, I think it is stock but like i said. I don't know much. I would assume it is stock. Help me out here... What should I do first and how "do-it-yourself" friendly is it to modify my car? Forgive my ignorance. I'm going to try to get some pics of it up on here. Thanks for the help.

Jake

Old 06-26-2006, 05:59 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: love my honda but know nothing about cars

Hi Jake,
First thing you should do before any modding is learn as much as possible about your car and cars in general. The internet is a great place to get info. Places such as this forum, or websites like HowStuffWorks or Wikipedia.
Also, in many different sections of this forum, there are a lot of informative stickies so make sure to read them all!
92 to 95 Civic VXs come with the D15Z1 (I got it from this table).
Enjoy!