New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Low Budget Decent Gains/ Repair

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Default Low Budget Decent Gains/ Repair

Hey guys, Im Chris I have an 01 honda Civic LX and I just found a job to tune up my car but im in a tight budget right now since im going to college etc.. I am planning to put a cold air intake ( I ordered an AEM V2 last Friday), an exhaust (some friends say just to put a muffler but I suggest a whole catback but don't know which type? ) and I need suggestions on the exhaust/muffler as well as the next step to get some significant gains on my honda. Another thing I wanted to know is that I had a minor collision when I fell into a ditch with my honda resulting in some minor damages to the left side of the radiator frame it seems to be bent about 1-1.5 inches deep and the frame that supports the hood in place is a little upwards which leaves the hood standing a little and I was wondering how much should I expect from a body shop into pulling the frame out because I really want to paint my car but I want to fix the body first.

Old 06-06-2006, 04:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Low Budget Decent Gains/ Repair

I would say swing by a body shop and get a estimate they do it all the time for insurance reasons.2 inch cat back.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:01 PM

thx and btw 2 more questions, wouldn't my insurance cover some of the expenses and if so would my insurance go up and There is a little *click* everytime I press and release the gas pedal, I brought it to a shop and they said its a common problem for toyota/honda vehicles that never been able to fix and the area they said it clicks in is around the front brakes I just wanted to get a 2nd opinion from yall and see if this is true. The mechanic said the only way to stop the clicking sound is by lubricating it but it will go back to clicking in a few months.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:47 PM

you got a nice car there haha.. i also have the same car a gold 2001 honda civic LX. its not a vtec is it? i advise you doin a motor swap.. im planning on puttin a K20A DOHC Vtec into mine.. a lot more power haha.

Old 06-06-2006, 06:12 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif]get a cat-back exhaust, u'll get the most gains and it'll sound a hell of a lot better than a muffler. mufflers dont give u any gains, just make noise...