New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Moving Over from Accord to Civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Default Moving Over from Accord to Civic

Not immediately, I still have a year on the Accord lease. Just last week I bought a 2012 Civic for my wife's daily driver. It takes over the role formerly performed by my beloved Chevy Suburban. When the lease is up, I'll be replacing the truck (blown engine) instead of purchasing the Accord. The Accord and Suburban are simply the two best vehicles I've ever owned and I will definitely miss the truck. I'd have used it as my daily if the wife could be trusted with the manual tranny on the Accord.

The new Civic is a black pearl coupe but don't ask the model specs until my next post since I'll need to locate all my documentation. Be advised, though, this week and later this month will see some added improvements including window tints and 18" wheels.

The members of the driveaccord.net forum have been so very helpful and supportive between the things I've learned and those I've purchased. I don't know what these last few years would have been like without them and I'm looking forward to several years as a member of this online community.

Here's the first pic of the wife's new whip.

Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  138.2 KB

I may do some other personalization upgrades including foglights, blackout lights and possibly ground FX body kit.

I already have the rims, just looking for the correct set of rubber.

Name:  Civicwheel.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  157.0 KB

- T

Old 07-10-2012, 05:28 AM

Welcome to the forum!

I am interested to see what the wheels will look like once on the car!

Old 07-10-2012, 06:58 AM

@ cvcrcr99, thanks for the warm welcome!

- T

Old 07-11-2012, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by EM2slow
what is the width and offset of those wheels because you mite run into clearance problems with the fenders. do they make a factory lip kit for that car maybe it will look more appealing with one.
I'll get to those requests right away. While I'm compiling the requested information and composing an annotated reply, please provide some additional information so that my responses can be as thorough as possible.

As for question number one, may I ask why you need that information? Continuing to question number two, what is the reason and for how long has Google been unavailable to you? Following up on the "more appealing" aspect, exactly to who's complaint would I'd be responding?

- T

Last edited by TitoBlackPearl; 07-11-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: typos
Old 07-11-2012, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by TitoBlackPearl
Continuing to question number two, what is the reason and for how long has Google been unavailable to you? Following up on the "more appealing" aspect, exactly to who's complaint would I'd be responding?
lol

i think your idea to black everything out is the best option this way it will be harder to see. im not sure who lodged the compliant but i think i know were you can lodge it.
Dude, it's his car. He can do whatever he wants to it. You're entitled to your opinions but you don't have to share all of them.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
lol

Dude, it's his car. He can do whatever he wants to it. You're entitled to your opinions but you don't have to share all of them.
Dah! Beat me to it... Nice civic and welcome to the forums.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:35 PM

tried to help him regarding wheel size and he gets his pink panties in bunch not my fault your wife doesn't give BJs anymore don't take it out on me.
That had nothing to do with the wheel size comment...But more of the comment about black out compliancy. Its his style and can do what ever he wants to. Leave the guy alone and just move

Old 07-12-2012, 04:18 AM

Can't we all just get along?

Old 07-12-2012, 06:10 AM

Damn.. I missed all the action. Stupid responsibilities and sleep....

Old 07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Stinky Administrator

Originally Posted by TitoBlackPearl
Not immediately, I still have a year on the Accord lease. Just last week I bought a 2012 Civic for my wife's daily driver. It takes over the role formerly performed by my beloved Chevy Suburban. When the lease is up, I'll be replacing the truck (blown engine) instead of purchasing the Accord. The Accord and Suburban are simply the two best vehicles I've ever owned and I will definitely miss the truck. I'd have used it as my daily if the wife could be trusted with the manual tranny on the Accord.

The new Civic is a black pearl coupe but don't ask the model specs until my next post since I'll need to locate all my documentation. Be advised, though, this week and later this month will see some added improvements including window tints and 18" wheels.

The members of the driveaccord.net forum have been so very helpful and supportive between the things I've learned and those I've purchased. I don't know what these last few years would have been like without them and I'm looking forward to several years as a member of this online community.
Nice FG3( 2012 Coupe) dude and i think those wheels will look great, I have a 2012 Rallye Red LX coupe my self.

Quick Reply: Moving Over from Accord to Civic