New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

My 1st Honda..

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Default My 1st Honda..

and I'm already in love.. I just picked up a 2000 Honda Civic Hx and have become infatuated with it. She is a little black beauty with a custom cold air intake and a performance exhaust package. I got her below blue book as she has a bent title (Theft Recovery) and I'm in the process of nursing her back to full health. Fortunately the body is straight and complete, the interior is about 99%. I'll get some Pictures up when I get a day off so you all can see her. I hope it's not a faux pas but I'm going to list some of issues I'm trying to get corrected here. Any input you can provide would be most appreciated.

1. The SRS light comes on and stays on. Is there anything I can check out myself (keeping in mind I don't currently have any code scanning tools etc..) before taking it to the dealer?

2. The 3rd brake light isn't woking but thats because there appears to be no bulb/socket/harness to plug into the body of the light. Can someone send or guide to me a picture of what it looks like?

3. I was looking at the rear seat release mechanism from the trunk and it appears that the lock mechanism isn't currently connected to anything. Again a pic of what it should look like would be most appreciated.

4. A good maintenance manual. I'm a shade tree mechanic so I prefer to have as thourough an understanding of the car as possible.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: My 1st Honda..

1. try taking the positive and putting it back on to reset it and see if the light comes back on, if not i would deffinintly get that checked out because thats air bags and you dont want them poping out unexpectinly

3. are you talking about how to fold the seats down?..you just need to give it a pull

4. get a haynes manual, it will tell you EVERYTHING you need to no and how to do it

welcome!

Old 05-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: My 1st Honda..

hello and welcome to the forum and like mill$ said get a haynes manual it will help a lot good luck and enjoy your stay