New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

My 94 3dr

Old 08-04-2008, 03:24 AM
Default My 94 3dr

I just recieved this car from my boss. I have never hooked up an import before since I am an oldschool classic car guy. This little car is really lowered and has huge 18inch wheels. I find myself liking this car enough to start thinking of modding it even further. I guess after all these years I have finally been bitten by the ricer bug. I already took the 18inch wheels off and sold them in favor of a brand new set of 2000 si wheels. ...............Rich

Attached Thumbnails My 94 3dr-getattachment%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by ibricing; 08-04-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:15 AM

Sounds good. So, your boss just gave you the car? I'd keep that job as long as I could.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:57 PM

The car was a police impound and she wanted 500.00 for it at first but then said take it and consider it a bonus.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:55 PM
HCF Member

Good thing you got rid of those 18s. I like the car. What you thinking about doing to it?

Old 08-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Recognized HCF Member

a police impound..... well do yourself a favor then and change all the locks and ignition out than!

IMO if it was my car that got impounded and i still had a set of keys laying around and saw the car driven around by someone else...... well in short i would take my car back
so change the door licks and ignition as well!

Old 08-05-2008, 06:23 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
a police impound..... well do yourself a favor then and change all the locks and ignition out than!

IMO if it was my car that got impounded and i still had a set of keys laying around and saw the car driven around by someone else...... well in short i would take my car back
so change the door licks and ignition as well!
I agree. Thats why i always keep a key from all my cars that got impounded. lol btw never had a car get impounded if yall didn't get the joke. I would def get all your stuff changed out.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i havent either.LOL but its still very posible! its like moving into a new house... the first thing i change is all the locks because you dont know if previous owner/renter still has a spare key or gave a key to there shady neighbor or anything really....
its strictly precautionary! and a dam good idea IMO!

hell pull the locks all out and take them all to a lock smith and have him switch the pins around and make ya a new key. or just go find a junk yard car and take all the locks off it for the swap.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

Which would be cheaper for him?

Old 08-05-2008, 10:50 PM

and make spares too, because if you lose the key the dealer will make one using your VIN, but if you have switched the locks the key they make won't work.

EDIT: i still can't believe you got that for free. lucky

Old 08-06-2008, 03:25 AM

Yeah, I'm jealous of the free part too.

As far as the locks go, get them changed. On another note, I have a '91 CRX and a '93 Civic HB and my father is a locksmith.

I gave him the key to the CRX and two minutes later he was honking the horn of the Civic in front of our house. He was not only able to rake the door lock with the CRX key, but was also able to bump pick the ignition with that same key. Granted he has skills (and I tried to do it and couldn't), but It made us wonder how secure any of these locks really are.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 94 3dr