New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

My 94 3dr

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well any lock can simply be busted out with a scew driver or drill in the right spot... or just bust the things off the door.... theres always a way to jack the lock

its not like in the movies where they hope under the dash and jerk the wires out and touch the wires together to start and twist them together and they are gone.LOL
its just 2 hard hits. one on the key cylinder and one of the steering wheel lock mechanism.... i was shocked at how easy it really is to steal a car! i never knew until my brother had his car stolen for a joy ride. they just poped out the passenger door lock cylinder moved the inside rod to unlock the door and just bashed the steering colum and were gone!

its not a great theft prevention BUT would make it harder for someone that happened to have a spare key from simply geting in the youcar and driving off all clear!
if someone wants your car all they need is a tow truck! whos gonna question a tow truck driver even if the car has a alarm thats blasting away? i know i wouldnt care enough to ask for paperwork!

Old 08-07-2008, 05:45 PM

Thanks Guy's. Yes i do plan on replacing tall the lock incuding the ignition switch. Also I already replaced the wheels with a brand new set of 2000 si rims(nice). Next i plan on raising it up a bit as I think it sits to low for me to be practical. I believe it to be lowered at least 4 inches. I would prefer a 2 inch drop. I am thinking full lowering springs instead of those nasty ajustable coil overs that are inthere now. Which brings me to ask. Who makes a quality lowerin spring for this car? I looking for a full spring....................Rich

Old 08-07-2008, 06:02 PM

i recommend H&R sport springs. they perform great, and have a 1.8" drop, which is about what you were looking for. you can find them new on ebay for ~$180 shipped

Old 08-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Recognized HCF Member

IMO Ground Control coilovers.... more money but fully adjustable and great springs and you can even pick your spring rate and swap them out later if you want stiffer or softer springs

http://www.ground-control-store.com/index.php