New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

My 96 Civic sedan

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Default My 96 Civic sedan

i have a 96 civic sedan that i am working on upgradeing if you have any sugestions of stuff to put into it let me know i am trying to find out what kind of motor to put in it right now. pce out
justin

Old 11-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Default RE: My 96 Civic sedan

heres what i suggested to another guy a short while ago.

ORIGINAL: GetItBoy

sup man im 16 too. simply i jus wanna tell you that if you want real power from a civic, because a stock civic is extra slow.. its gonna take work. you can do the simple intake/headers/exaust setup. this is easy to do and youll get a little more power out of your civic. if you gain more knowledge you can try and turbo it. or upgrade to a better engine. if you decide to go turbo then its recommended you build the engine internals because with turbo your engine is gonna be working harder and needs to be able to handle it. and dont do the intake/header thing, i think because youll have to take them off if you turbo? and lots of people here dont like body kits and wings. mostly because they are pointless and a waste of money. personally i think the civic already looks good, no need for a big body kit and big wing maybe jus a lip kit and with nice rims, nice paint job, maybe some window tint itll look extra nice. but its your car. dont let anybody tell you what you to do because its YOURS! if you like it then its all good. youre the one driving it not them.
as for what kind of motor. a b16 is the easiest engine to upgrade to. make sure the new engine is the same year/generation as your 96, or newer. you can get an older engine but youll have trouble with emmissions. it has to do with things called obd's. i think. lol

good luck with your car man. hope this kinda helps