New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

My 98 civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:30 AM
HCF Member
Default My 98 civic EX

Hey guys i have a 1998 civic EX. I am looking to turn it into an autocross/race car/daily driver. I have a K&N cold air intake and a new muffler. I was given a AirMass header but it fits the generation civic before mine. I am prepared to buy a header for my car and buy new shocks and lowering springs. My car looks good as is so I'm not concerned with useless bodykits or things that make my car look like a racer. I personally like my car as an almost sleeper until i hit the gas pedal. I have a d16 y8 in there now and plan on leaving the stock motor in there so i can stay in autocross street touring class. I am looking for decent parts but i am on a budget. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Snail'n Admin

Welcome! and if you're going into autocross, you'll want to focus mainly on suspension parts. Check out the suspension section for FAQs and as for power, you wont get much result out of a Dseries unless you go turbo so your bolt on will pretty much be a head, intake and exhaust

Old 04-23-2009, 12:44 PM

welcome to HCF

as trent said, you're gonna want to focus on suspension and intake/header/exhaust.
also make sure you get some good tires and some pretty light wheels. most people concerned with power use 15" wheels.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:34 PM
HCF Member

i have motegi tracklight forged racing series 15" with falken ziex tires. they were too much when i bout them but they looked too good to pass up. im thinking about selling them and buying a cheaper wheel and having some money to spend on they suspension.