New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

my 99civic 2door coupe. new to the compact car world.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default my 99civic 2door coupe. new to the compact car world.

been used to full size american cars for quite some time now.......
i had a 86crx that started out my mini life...LOL
sold it cause it had no power toys

now have
1999 civic EX 2door coupe. with SOHC Vtec
with 89K miles auto tranny.
NO RACE CAR BUT great gas milage which was the main reason i bought this car.

had the car for 2months now.
so far car is paid off.
17% window tint front side and rear windows, and 5% on the side rear windows.
gives it a realy nice look i think!
also yanked out the crapy sony cd player out and threw in my good clarion cd mp3 player. love it so much more and looks so much beter! cause its black and chrome face
also a temp system. just waiting on new amp now.
but currently im using 2 10inch REaudio RE model subs 2.5cube ported 34hz box, also carpeted black but only powered with a kicker 300watt 2chanel amp. which will most likely be used to power my front RE 6.5 components speakers after i get my new amp.
after that it will be a REaudio 12inch SX ported 3cube box 34hz.
powered by a ORION D2400 amplifier which is a mono 1200watt rms amp.
just waiting for the amplifier to come in the mail any day now

and today i just got my cheap air intake which ill be throwing on later tonight.
next mod will be exaust header. just have to find one that wont look realy ugly after a few hours of heat on them!
anyone have a suggestion PLEASE FELL FREE to let me know!
money is always tight lately unfortunatly
im also waiting on my python 881xp paging lcd alarm remote starter system. hopefully it will come in with my amplifier!!!!!!!!
i have the factory keyless entry remotes but they suck basicaly.LOL plus i realy want my remote starter system again! its to hot out to have to manualy start the car after work.LOL

unfortunatly this all cleaned out my bank account.

pics of it when i got it.
Name:  new99civicEX018.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  39.6 KB
Name:  new99civicEX011.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  61.6 KB
Name:  new99civicEX009.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  59.9 KB
Name:  new99civicEX005.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  68.9 KB
and HORIBLE rear window tint on the car when i got it it was all wash board looking and couldnt see thru it! total crap! thats why tint was my first important mod.LOL

Name:  cleaning001.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  75.4 KB
Name:  newradio014.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  43.0 KB
Name:  waxed005.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  57.1 KB

unfortunatly took twice to get it tinted right. but its preaty good now.

ALSO just transfered my green COLD CATHODES over onto the civic BUT NOT neons
cathodes are brighter and smaller.
also a whole lot cheaper and customizable.
and ive tried my best to hide the bulbs BUT on the side bulbs i didnt clean off all the old silicone and its holding the bulbs down alittle. but that will be fixed soon enough.
and before everyone says F&F copy....... ive had my underbody lights long before that show came out!LOL
and this car will never be a ricer!
not trashen on other people but i will never put on a fart muffler or aftermarket wing, no body kit, no fenders or hood changes.

ONLY exterior future mods i will do is OEM parts. as SI front bumper lip, front grill, and a rear SI spoiler, but all must be OEM. ive had to much aftermarket exterior parts that have never fit right so gonna pay the extra cash and be 100% sure it will fit right!

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...odes021mpg.flv

and did i mention this car wants to shake apart even with my small system now.
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...REvideo006.flv
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...aled036mpg.flv

i think its a good start. next thing i need is rims!!!!!!
which i want to have 17inch black spoke design with a polished lip.
and eventualy i want to do a air suspension setup. BUT with money tight that 2K dollar purchase will take quite abit of time

Old 06-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: my 99civic 2door coupe. new to the compact car world.

i also want to find some cheap stock tails to match mine and then try to smoke them instead of the black euro lights i wanted to do originaly....
i think smoking the tails will be realy nice!
i just want to find some oem tails that i can experiment with. that way i can take my time and if i screw up i still have taillights.LOL

what you think so far?

so far no good pictures of the cold cathodes since its been raining realy hard lately outside and i work early in the morning and since it doesnt get dark till 9:30pm that kinda screws up my good night pictures. and when i wake up its already geting light out.LOL i tried making a video of them but the gravel is realy flooded thier. so its not very good.
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...odes021mpg.flv

Old 06-21-2006, 03:24 PM

thats a clean civic, glad you won't ghetto it up with ugly bodykits

Old 06-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i like the underbody glow i just instaled
many people say underbody glow is rice and im trying to copy fast & the furious. but ive had the glow for about 10years now and never regreted them!
mine is a complete custom kit i made and channeled with aluminum to hide the bulbs and make the light from corner to corner.

and of course if i dont turn on the power switch no one will ever know they are thier! but thats the only aftermarket thing that will be on the cars exterior besides eventualy some HID headlights as well. id say either 4 or 6K still not positive yet.

also just bought another valve cover which im still trying to decide if i should try polishing it or just painting it.....
i gotta price some color matching paint cause i realy like the black with a silght blue flake in it.

i do want to keep this civic clean! but i do like my minor modifications.
i dont plan on doing awhole lot more mods to this car other than rims and long in the future air suspension.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:53 PM
HCF Member

Looks Clean and simple...Post some pics of the car after you do the rest of the mods.....

Old 06-22-2006, 01:41 PM
HCF Member

That cleaned up real nice. Tint looks good too. Glad you're keeping the exterior mods subtle. Keep us updated and welcome to the forum.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:47 PM

nice, i like how the black windows look with a black car.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: neon3kgt

nice, i like how the black windows look with a black car.
ya me too

looks sweet! the sunroof looks just like a solid black piece! I LOVE IT!

instaled my cold air intake yesterday and besides it looking 100% beter under the hood
and the sound it makes is preaty cool....
sounds like a different motor.

BEFORE INTAKE
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t=MOV00911.flv

AFTER INTAKE INSTALED
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...take015mpg.flv
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...take014mpg.flv

gotta love ripen stuff off the car

thing that REALY PISSED ME OFF IS in the picture the joining ring is black and i get a orangish red TURD! and so far no responce from seller. so i might have to buy a adaptor at the hardware shop
i cannt stand that orangish eye soar!!!!!!!! if it was black it would look even beter!
plus i had to drill a hole for the third rubber line. and delets the metal tubing, wire bracket and use a elbow tube for collant line. i used a T cause thats all i had at the time, but will be buying a simple elbow soon enough.
i also want to replace that shiny black line with a typical flat color stock looken hose.

and i should get my extra valve cover next week sometime, ill just start cleaning and preping it since i wont have color matching paint for awhile. might just spray it with black engine paint first and seeing how that looks.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Stinky Administrator

civic looks great nice work on the cai oh welcome to the forums

Old 06-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Recognized HCF Member

thanks. so far this is by far superior site than the hondatech. i swear that whole site is full of hating spammers!

ya do a cheap underbody lights on and everyone but like 1 or 2 said thats horible and total rice.
but at least my lights are done with alittle class, since its corner to corner and most important bulbs are almost totaly hidden, WILL BE EVENTUALY just to much stuff to do at this time.....

im not trying to be a copy cat of any movie! ive had the glow for about 10years now and still like it and always geting beter. but i think this is as far as ill take the glow!
some kits are crazy! and even tho they look realy cool the first few seconds looking at them.... they just get looking odd
check out thsi kit to see what i mean. plus that price is also crazy now thats a true UFO! 830bucks WOW!

http://www.oznium.com/underbody-kits...aecd44e02d026a

problem is finding OEM parts for a decent price for my budget
looks like OEM is hard to find unless i buy new and im sure direct honda price wont be cheap

gotta buy a new trany dip stick now cause mines extermly loose! and im loosing fluid slowly. hopefully the replacement one will seal perfect! i know i might be able to soften the old seal BUT for 16bucks... ill just pay for a new one. dealer said he would be geting one tomorow so ill pick it up then, and then save up some cash to get the transmition flused being how the fluid is a kinda clear color. might have water in it from the seal leaking.

now i just realy need some nice 17inch rims! LOL that will almost top out the exterior look alone!

Quick Reply: my 99civic 2door coupe. new to the compact car world.