New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

My first honda

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 02:34 PM
HCF Member
Default My first honda

Whats up all.

I have been surfing this forum for a couple of months now reading alot of the posts. I have finally fallin into the honda crowd. Originally I had been a toyota guy. my last car that I had modded was a 87 supra turbo. That car was fun but a second blown headgasket forced a sale since I was in school and didnt have the time or the place to work on it. Well anyways onto the new car. I guess the funny part of my story was I bought the engine for my car before I had an actual shell to put it in. I came accross a good deal on a nice b18c1 motor and picked it up. It had toda timing belt, CTR pistons I beleive, and a skunk2 manifold. The engine had 5k miles on it since a rebuild last year, guy wanted a b18c5 now. So after buying that engine I was kinda comitted. the only thing left was to find a suitable body for the motor. I know I wanted a pretty light body to throw that engine into. So after a couple of weeks of searching I found a charcoal grey 92 CX HB for about 2 g's. Man it was hard to find a HB of that generation everytime I called an ad it had been sold usually within a few hours of posting. I drove that car for like a week, damn the cx had killer gas mileage went for days between fill ups and it only took like 20 bucks to fill it up. I also bought a few goodies for my engine... it will also be sporting some CTR cams with toda valvesprings and skunk2 retainers and also got a LSD for the gsr tranny. This will be my commuter car LOL so I decided to keep the gsr tranny. I am still waiting to get my car back so I will have some pics for you guys soon, its at the shop getting the motor and parts put in should be ready by the end of next week. Cant wait to get the car back should be a different beast than when it went in. To think I more than doubling the HP from the stock CX motor. I still need to decide on an exhaust to go with since the stocker will just not do. I wanted an RSR but the distributor the shop uses is looking at 60-90 days so thats out. Do you guys have any recomendations? I had a Greddy Trust (SP now?) on my old Supra liked it cuz it was deep but quiet are there any that will be like that on the civic. I dont mind it being a little noisy as long as it sounds clean...

Well I guess thats it. Sorry for the long post but I am pretty excited about the new ride. I will keep you guys posted.

Old 10-21-2005, 02:56 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: My first honda

welcome to the forum[sm=hiya.gif]sounds like your well on your way..and u found the right forum to talk about motor modifications

Old 10-21-2005, 04:54 PM
HCF Member

Welcome CX! Stick around and well learn ya a thing or two!

While your here, GET A DECAL AND FOR GOD SAKES POST SOME PICS!!!!!

Old 10-22-2005, 10:05 PM

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2005, 10:30 PM
HCF Member

damn man, nice setup! and double the power? youll damn near triple it!!! sounds sweet, get some timeslips for us, i want to see what that thing is good for.

Old 10-22-2005, 11:02 PM
HCF Member

my last car that I had modded was a 87 supra turbo
You're my hero. Welcome.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:23 AM
HCF Member

Thabnks for the welcome guys. Triple sounds good. I was just trying to be modest LOL... hopefully it will be around 180-190 I am thinking. Also have a chipped p28 goin in also. The guy I got the motor from sold it seperately but I picked it up also since he spent a year trying different chips and this was the one he liked the best. The shop said it was good with that motor.

Here are a couple of pics of my old car for ya Mad7s. I will hopefully get my car back next weekend and put up some pics of it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6413/DF1EAB31197E4AA881476DB1B0120280.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6413/0CE096ECC16F4D8888342035F066387D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-23-2005, 04:29 AM

Welcome to the forum!!

Old 10-23-2005, 06:36 AM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Nice car with a sweeeeeet engine in it!

Old 10-23-2005, 10:02 AM

Like they said, welcome to the forum. Sounds like your definately not new to tuning. Looking foward to see pics of CX. Hope it all goes well. Nice Supra.

Quick Reply: My first honda