New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

my new 91 civic si help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Default my new 91 civic si help please

hi to all i guess ill start bye saying hi and welcoming my self to the civic forums , im from rochester ny and im a 32 year old male , married also have two kids 1 4 year old 1 16 year old

and now for the good of it all

i just purchased a 91 civic si hatchback 1.6 5 speed ofcourse with a little over a 140,000 on it the timing belt water pump , valve gasgets and a cold air intake put on it the car runs like a top but needs a little work

the body has to differant fender and the rust tooken care of on the rear fenders where they alwayz rust out , the car came with all the paint reducer's strainers and everything that it needs to be painted just have to have it done sometime

the chassis needs a little work like today i had replaced the brake rotors and both front calipers reat brakes and wheel cyclinders becuase the brakes totally sucked , while doing all this work i had noticed that the lower ball joints could use to be replaced and to when i turn they are pretty sloppy but still doing for now

i also did notice that before and after doing the brakes that the peddle seems very low , very very very low before the work , but better now but still low , is it normal for civics im very new to them

plus the clutch is very well shifts fine with no problems but it doesnt seem like a normal clutch to me maybe im use to my pontiac sunfire , the clutch in the civic seems like when you depress it and shift and let of it that before it even starts to rise its already in gear just feels totally differant then a sunfire maybe just me ? is it ?

other than that the interior is great pretty clean no tears or nothing like that , but the cluster was replaced and now the speedo and the mileage isnt working i do see the speedo cable coming thru the firewall but where does it go ?

does that control both speed and mileage ?

so some help needed i guess you can say , and suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated , thank you

tell me what you think , did i get myself into a junker or something that has petentonal in it ?

tell me about my:

brake , clutch , speedo cable , and ball joints

hope to here from you all thank you very much for your time in reading my problems ,