New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

need good advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 09:43 AM
Default need good advice

have a 94 honda civic ex, has greddy racing exhaust, aem cold air intake, stage 2 racing clutch, and eibach racing springs. i dont know very much about cars, but i have $3000 to spend on it and i was looking for advice for what to do that will help to make it faster. i was thinking about the greddy turbo kit, new cams, new header, or new flywheel, but i am jus not sure. please post what you think i should do with $3000. Thanks. -Mike

Old 03-31-2005, 09:48 AM
Default RE: need good advice

definatley turbo charge

Old 03-31-2005, 11:03 AM

what else do i need to do to install a turbo kit. my friend who installed one on his accord says it takes a lot of other work...

Old 03-31-2005, 11:48 AM

im not sure if stage 2 clutches are ok for turbo'ed sohc engines, i know they arent for dohc engines. so if you wanted to turbo, id say get a stage 3 clutch, and put a t25 turbo (best turbo for d16 imo). but if you wanna keep ure clutch then go all motor and get new cams, intake manifold, headers, valves, port and polish... ect i guess lol. go get it tuned to, cause if you dont, then even after you put all that money under the hood, your engine wont perform at its greatest potential.

anymore questions just ask

Old 03-31-2005, 07:59 PM
HCF Member

stage 2 should be fine, and a greddy kit is perfect for your car. but youll want to look into an LSD, but factor in the install price too.

Old 03-31-2005, 09:14 PM
HCF Member

im currently running a t25 on a completly stock d16y7 and absolutly love it. im also running an oem execdy clutch set and havnt had any problems out of it so far. as far as greddy goes, make sure you buy a kit that comes with a bov and intercooler as these items will help to prolong the life of your engine as well as the turbo itself. and yes you will want to look into a LSD unit, trust me all that power and youll be spinning one wheel easily. at least for me im spinning one wheel

Old 03-31-2005, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

no offense gentlemen (?assuming to much maybe) but the poor guy may be going lsd? this aint the 60's. volcom_mike06 said he knows very little about cars, and may now be embarased to ask..l.s.d. wtf is that? limited slip differential. and if you did know.. im outta line and put me back in my place... ramble , ramble...done

Old 03-31-2005, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

i meant ne 1 of the posters may have been a lady, didnt translate well[&:]
ORIGINAL: jwsimons

no offense gentlemen (?assuming to much maybe)

Old 03-31-2005, 11:11 PM
HCF Member

check the "terms for newbies section in the new members area. but an LSD is a part that goes inside your transmission that puts power to both wheels at the same time, whereas the stock part usually will spin just one tire under hard acceleration.

Old 04-03-2005, 03:08 PM

no i knew wut an lsd was, but heres a new problem. im pretty sure its my clutch, but i could use some help. when shifting into 3rd it grinds a little unless i wait a sec before i shift and then shift slowly. i tried adjusting the clutch but it didnt help. do i need a new clutch?

Quick Reply: need good advice