New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New '08 Civic Si Coupe Owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Default New '08 Civic Si Coupe Owner

Hello - Here's my story:

Purchased a '08 Civic Si to replace my totalled out '04 350Z. It's a long story but, I'll shorten it a bit.

Rear ended - Piled into two other cars - Z sandwich - OK, but do need recovery for whiplash and pinched nerves - Car totalled after a lot of hassle (bent frame) - Couldn't find a good low mileage Z to replace in the condition mine was in. Couldn't see spending $30K plus for a new Z. So, being that I have a 400HP and a 800HP car. I figure it was time to get a good, yet fun car with great gas mileage. Enter Civic Si.

OK, so that's the short story. I'm willing to talk more about it if anyone is really interested.

I love the fact that I could get such a great handling car with pretty good zip for $11K less than what I was looking to pay for a new Z. The $ insurance gave me will cover the car .... However, I took some of that 1.9% financing last week and hope to make a couple of bucks.

So, I have a few extra dollars cause the car was cheap. This week I installed fog lights, K & N, tint, upgraded the exhaust, and new bfg's g-force super sports A/S. I was thinking of buying some new wheels @ 13.5lbs each.... but, I will hold off on that for now.

What I'm looking to find out is what cheap and easy mods guys have made to their cars. I want to personalize mine without going too crazy. ;-)