New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New 4g owner from Germany

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 02:36 PM
T-M
Default New 4g owner from Germany

I just bought an EDM 91 Hatchback. Is not DX or SI, is just a Civic! It has a 1.3 liter, 16V, Sohc engine, not very fast I might add! Bought it as my third car. The car is stock and only has 132K kilometers or 82K miles approximately. I bought it for only $800 at a U.S. military base lemon lot. The car looks great for its age, but it has some issues with the starter (solenoid I was told, but not sure about it), but other than this a few things here and there. I will post pics of it once I upload them to my laptop.

My future plans for this little red rocket, as I call it are as follows:
Upgrade to 14" rims (don't know which ones yet)
tint
exhaust
headers (if I can find one for this application)
Suspension

Nothing fancy, but is a start! Alright, just wanted to drop a line or two and introduce myself as a new member of this community.

Take care!

Adan

Old 10-27-2009, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the forums!

Old 10-28-2009, 02:46 AM
HCF Member

Willkommen auf die HCF. Post pictures. Have you considered an engine swap since it is your third car?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:00 AM
HCF Member

As long as its running it doesn't matter. Welcome!

Old 10-29-2009, 11:56 AM
T-M

Guys, yesterday I bought some wheels (14x6 BBS mesh style) with Bridgestone Potenza tires..tires look like new...all for $100. I wasn't planning on buying wheels this soon, but I couldn't resist the price.

Since the car didn't start for me yesterday, because of the starter and while at the shop changing the wheels I noticed the brake pads were dangerously shot, and also noticed the air filter was cover with dirt and insects when I inspected it, I took it upon myself to get this car fixed right away. So...today I bought new brake pads and air filter from the stealership (100euros/ $150) and a used starter from the local junk yard for 35euros/$53. I think the price for the pads and filter were high, but it was either that or have to wait for parts to come in next week, so the benefit of having the parts right away outweighed the high cost.

My car now starts right away, feels a lot smoother and I feel a lot safer when braking. I still don't have pics to upload as I've been busy getting the car street worthy.

Just wanted to update on my progress...pics to come!

To answer roadliner's question: I don't think I'll be swaping engines...I have an S13 and that's enough for me to handle...maybe in a distant future, maybe!