New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 02:12 AM
Default New!

Had my car for a couple of months now, my first and loving owning a honda. I've put quite a bit of money into it, but mostly going for the display look. Where I live, I can't legally mod the engine of my car much for another 2 years, so stuck with stock. Although I'd love to put a turbo on it, or super charge... but what can you do.

Anyways, in a 93/94 hatchback VTI.
Runs beautifully. I've put on 18s, built in a custom stereo system (running 2 12s on all mtx gear with a kenwood head unit) and am currently working on installing an alarm system, converting the overhead to a mixed blue/white LED system and converting the dash to a blue LED display.

I'm learning tons as I go, but advice and pointers is always helpful.

Here's some pics.

Original.

New Wheels (Still needs to be lowered, and have to roll the guards more for it too)

Stereo (install isn't finished... still trying to get it all working right, and just blew a monoblock, which I have to replace since I lost the receipt for warranty)

Old 01-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Default RE: New!

lovin' the sub setup you got there.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:36 AM
HCF Member

That looks good. Have you thought about carpeting it? or fiberglassing it then painting it? that would look so sick

Old 01-02-2008, 12:43 AM

There's a ton of work to do on the install. What I'm going to do is have that central pyramid like box with the subs it in turned into half inch plexiglass, the two side panels with the amps on them will be rebuilt to enclose the amps. The battery will be moved inside the central box and there will be a mirrored plexiglass pyramid inside covering the battery with wires coming out of it, and two black lights (hidden under the side of the box, only reflecting off the middle pyramid) with mesh inside. Going to use some neon blue paint on the wires, probably.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the covering of the floor and amp boxes though. The wheel well is current fibreglassed and carbon fibred (top layer is carbon fibre) so it's a nice matted black look inside the pyramid, which you can't see at the moment.

Thinking possibly vinyl covering for the floor/amp boxes.

At the moment though, just trying to get it working properly. I just got rid of a recurring engine noise coming through the speakers by regrounding the head unit directly to the rear battery, then installing ground loop isolators on the RCAs. So now just need to replace my blown monoblock.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:49 AM
HCF Member

wow sounds like you have some fun on your hands. so far so good though. where you from?

Old 01-02-2008, 12:52 AM

Queensland, Australia. I've gone to a few DB drags with that current install/setup and got 139 dbs. I'm running pretty low powered amps too, so done pretty well. I'm thinking of updating to a higher powered amp, but not sure if I want to keep competing, or spend more time on the install.

I have a lot of stuff I want to do to the car, it's finding the time to do it that's hard.