New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Default new

Hello. Enjoying my 2009 EX Coupe. Howdy all. Trouble is, I really only joined to try to sell the stock mags off the car. Rules say I have to make 25 posts before I use the classifieds. Moderators: any way around this? I don't have 25 things to say; just want to do business and go home.
If anyone wants to PM me, I have a great deal on wheels and tires for a Civic.
Thanks
Rudi

Old 04-03-2009, 09:31 AM
HCF Member

No there is no way around this, why shouldnt you be aloud to join the HFC community just to use it to sell your stuff. No one knows you...Sorry to be harsh but people that come on here b!tching about the post count usually get flammed and end up leaving. And a word of advice dont make stupid pointless post in threads to get your post count up. Either ask questions or share your knowledge. Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your stay

Last edited by croninc; 04-03-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Well, thanks for the honesty. There is actually no way around the rules. Unfortunately, the rules are... well, the rules. I'd say just hang around for a little bit, contribute where you can (don't make meaningless posts, it'll only get you banned), and when you have 25 posts, make your for sale thread.

If you want a quick sale, I'd suggest craigslist or ebay. But honestly, if you're interested in modifying your civic (or civics in general), why not stick around? Even if you already know a great deal about cars, you can always learn something... nobody knows everything about cars. Also, if teaching's your cup of tea, there's always new car guys eager to learn around here.

Also, thanks for making this thread. You'd be surprised how many people decide rules don't apply to them and make a thread in another section... which only leads to the thread being deleted and the user being banned.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:33 AM
Default bye-bye-o

OK. I thought if I were honest about my intentions and clear that I had no intention of ripping anyone off, I might be able to use this PUBLIC forum to my and a lucky buyers mutual advantage. I'm selling these tires/rims at a good price for the tires alone. I never hurt anyone or anything and I have never ripped anyone off. The other side of that coin is that - since I'm rigorous about my own behavior - I have a strong aversion to people telling me "you can't do that". So, I'll do the mature thing and walk away.
I had merely hoped that someone connected to Civics and I could make a mutually agreeable deal, but I'm not going to attempt to negotiate with someone who thinks the world needs more bureaucracy. I'm sorry to the rest of you - it was a great deal and I was highly motivated to sell. Good luck in all your endeavors.
Rudi

Old 04-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Super Cereal Admin

This isn't craigslist; people aren't here for the sole purpose of buying/selling parts and vehicles. I'd like to point out that if we ignored the rules, it would defeat the purpose of having them. Without the very few rules we have here, the forums would break down into anarchy, and would ultimately fail very quickly.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by reaper2022
This isn't craigslist; people aren't here for the sole purpose of buying/selling parts and vehicles. I'd like to point out that if we ignored the rules, it would defeat the purpose of having them. Without the very few rules we have here, the forums would break down into anarchy, and would ultimately fail very quickly.
So be it. I don't think that allowing me to sell some tires and wheels would propagate anarchy, but I do see your point. I will make the best of my time here. Past experiences have shown me that forum people are generally intelligent and interesting.
Thanks