New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New To This

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 04:53 PM
HCF Member
Default New To This

Wassup my name is Gregg and im new to this..i jus got a 93 civic and im lookin for some suggestions...current project: Shaved everything...doors, moldings, emblems...anything that makes a bump is taken off and smoothed ...i was lookin for some suggestions on what color to paint the car when im all finish...the car was that ugly honda green...like a ninja turtle...u guys remember those right...well anyway if anyone has any ideas let me know..thanx

Old 07-27-2005, 05:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New To This

Hey welcome, Shaved. I don't know if it's because I'm a little older or what, but when I see "shaved," an entirely different picture comes into my head.

Anyway, there are about 57,437,622 red 5th gens on here so red is out (if you wanna be different). White is for women. Leave yellow for Neons and Evos. I really like that Civic blue. I don't know what it's called but it's like IROC Blue if anyone knows what that means.

Got any pics? What you got planned for under the hood?

Old 07-27-2005, 05:57 PM
HCF Member

not too sure yet about under the hood...possibly a 94 integra LS motor ...or my brother jus got a complete gsr motor...so i gotta see what hes doin with that...i like the sound of the blue...i was also lookin into competition orange...hot color i saw on a friends motorcylce...anyway jus gettin some suggestions...im gonna be puttin some pictures on from stock , and as i progress with the work...check back in a day or two

Old 07-27-2005, 06:04 PM
HCF Member

Ooh, I don't know about Orange. Maybe on a Challenger (a' la' the General Lee). But, in the end, it's your car.

Orange on a Civic

Old 07-27-2005, 07:20 PM
HCF Member

thanx for that pic...totally changed my mind about orange...anyway ill keep u posted on what is to come

Old 07-28-2005, 06:57 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Welcome to the site! Orange CAN be done tastefully, but you would want to go with some sort of pearl, or even flake. I've seen an tangerine pearl paint job on a del sol before and that thing was gorgeous. So make sure you check out all your options, because if you really want orange, you can have it done right.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

i think that the blue is called electron blue. i know that house of color has a very good looking blue, it was on a scion tc a few issues back in modified mag. it had it named what color it was but i cant remember. anyways, welcome to the forum!