New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New '93 LX Owner w/Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Default New '93 LX Owner w/Questions

Hello Civic enthusiasts.

I just bought a '93 Civic LX last night. I'm not even driving it yet, but there are some cosmetic issues I'd like to inquire about that some of you may know about, and how to fix them.

One issue is the seal around the driver side window. It seems like the window is off track, so it doesn't go up smoothly and seal properly. It's as if the seal is actually being forced into the car right where the mirror is. The window closes all the way, but it makes a consideralbe amount of road noise. The seal doesn't actually look damaged, so I'm thinking that the deeper into the door, the window is somehow coming up and isn't lining up with the rubber properly in order to close and seal within it. Is this easily fixable?

The other issue is completely cosmetic. On the outside of the car, along the edge of the back door that is on the side of the door toward the front of the car, there is a black plastic rectangular strip that mounts vertically.The one on the driver side is snapped halfway from the top of the car. It looks as if this part clips on, so where can I buy a replacement to snap on after ripping this half broken one out? Are they cheap? What is this part called?

Thanks for any help. I'm sure I'll be around with more questions soon enough.

Old 12-16-2004, 06:47 AM
Default RE: New '93 LX Owner w/Questions

For the window you'll have to pull off the panel there are screws on the panel behind the speaker covers and in the door just need to ook for them. I was having some trouble with my 00 Si so i took of the side panel and got some Q-Tips to clean the gears then simply re-greased them. Now on those side strips go to a junk yard or go to a honda dealer and findout thte name then search the net for the best deal.