New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to Cars/Civics in general

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Default New to Cars/Civics in general

Im new to cars and am getting a civic for christmas and wanted to know about it. I will be putting a few things on it right away, body kit, new lights, and spoiler. But i wanted to know when i choose it, whats a 5 speed? is that meaning a manuel? or wat, and how hard is it to find a turbo civic not new but a 2000? and how much do u think for around 50,000 miles. The reason i want a turbo is so i dont have to buy one because i do plan on making this a nice fast car, and wanted to know wat are some good tune up parts to buy right away also. Sorry if this breaks any rules im gonna go read up on that now.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Default RE: New to Cars/Civics in general

Congrats on the new 'vic!

Welcome to the forum!!!!!

A 5 speed is a manual transmission.

For a ~2000 Civic with a turbo on it and only 50,000 prolly around $15-17k. I'm guessing, so it may be a lil off.

Old 11-17-2005, 09:40 PM
HCF Member

well first of all..i counted about 7 rules you broke , lol j/k man...so you want a car with a turbo on it already? ..i would highly advise aganst that, you sead you dont want a fast car, and if you buy a car with a turbo you no that the person who owned it before you prob beat on it alot and you dont no what kinda of damage ( if any) the turbo has done,mabey it was installed incorrectly...i would just buy it stock, certified and e-tested and then do your own things to it this way you want it so you dont have to make up for the past owners mistakes with incorrect installation of things..my 2 cents

Old 11-17-2005, 10:50 PM
HCF Member

yeah, to make it clear, civics dont come with turbos stock.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:59 PM

I agree with Mill$Civic. Also..I thought about buyin an Si with a turbo when I bought mine, but my stepdad made a good point. This was my first Honda, and I didnt kno much at all when I bought it. Honestly..I would wait, buy a stock (or close to it) Civic, and learn as you go, modding it yourself. Then if something goes wrong, you'll have a good idea as to whats wrong, and how to fix it. Its always nice to know whats going on with your car, plus when someone asks you about it, you know what youre talking about.

Also, if your goin for the 99-00 BS (My fav BS personally), Id check out the Si. The Si is DOHC (Dual Over Head Cam) and comes with 160hp stock. They only make the Si's in 5 speed manuals (in the US atleast), so I guess it also depends on if you want an auto or manual. And sorry if I sound biased, I just LOVE my car. haha.

Old 11-18-2005, 12:07 AM
HCF Member

Im new to cars and am getting a civic for christmas
I want your parents for Christmas. Good God, droppin a Civ on ya. You must have been a hell of a good kid this year. Welcome to the forum and the world of cars.