New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Civic Chick

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:41 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New Civic Chick

amanda..u do free lance design or what??

Old 02-21-2005, 05:44 PM

Amanda owns us all...

Old 02-21-2005, 07:15 PM

Hehehe...

Amanda doesn't drive a Civic though... so... I'm sure you'll all think I suck. It's all good though, I LOVE my ride.

Anywho... no I don't really do freelance design... well, I design websites ( http://truckville.dodgeforum.com is my personal site ), and I run AutoForumUniverse.com... over 40 forums to grow... plus I have another at home part time job working for a financial company, abcbusinessgroup.com... so I'm a busy gal...

But back to the topic... welcome to the new lady at HCF. I hope you'll visit us often.

~Amanda

Old 02-21-2005, 07:28 PM

I've started to get into web design also. We've only had 1 or 2 jobs so far with the little company my friend and I have got started. We don't even have a site yet. I've started playing around with some site ideas though. Click Here (The prices on there are just random)

Edit: For some reason, that site isn't showing up right in Firefox. Oh well, it's just a prototype.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:31 PM

That's awesome!!!

I've made... ooh goodness... a countless amount of sites - personal, business, and otherwise... I enjoy doing it.

~Amanda

Old 02-21-2005, 07:36 PM
HCF Member

so XCM, i got you using firefox again huh? its great once you get used to hitting that icon.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:43 PM

Haha I've actually found a way to get around having to hit the Firefox icon. I just redirected the IE icon so that it opens Firefox instead of IE. So it's like nothing has changed except the program that opens.

Edit: Oh yeah, Amanda, I forgot to ask. Any idea when the grand opening of the chatroom will be?

Old 02-21-2005, 08:02 PM
HCF Member

im in the prosses of getting my B.O.S In Web Disign and Multi Media

Im waiting till then to open my portfolio and service site but i still do a bit of free lance

Old 02-21-2005, 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: XCM828

I've started to get into web design also. We've only had 1 or 2 jobs so far with the little company my friend and I have got started. We don't even have a site yet. I've started playing around with some site ideas though. Click Here (The prices on there are just random)

Edit: For some reason, that site isn't showing up right in Firefox. Oh well, it's just a prototype.
Really? Thats great! I've been thinking about learning how to make web sites and starting my own business. Can I see any of your work? How hard was it to get started? I don't know a lot of web design, but I've got to start somewhere!

Old 02-21-2005, 08:44 PM

I think the best way to get started (or at least the way I got started) is to get some HTML editing software (Coffeecup, Dreamweaver, etc.) and buy a book at your local book store on HTML. Once you have mastered the basics, start looking at some more advanced things such as CSS. As for filling the page, get Photoshop and learn Actionscript (get Flash) and you can do just about anything.

Edit: Oh yeah, my friend made the logo for www.wherethesalesare.com and www.themoggies.com We are also working on a few other projects.

Quick Reply: New Civic Chick