New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to civic community and proud of it!!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:33 AM
HCF Member
Default New to civic community and proud of it!!!!

My name is James and I just purchased an 04 civic ex charcoal grey 5 spd. Definately not looking to build power but for sure looks. So far Ive gotten grill piece(not installed), enkei 18" or52 silver, chrome exhaust tip. Lip kit will be coming soon as well as HIDs but need input on combinations. Ill also post some pics of what im working with later today if you want to check back and help fix up my ride. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Default RE: New to civic community and proud of it!!!!

Dude, you're gonnna want to add to the performance. If you don't, alot of people on here may consider that rice. Just buy yourself an intake atleast.

But anyway. Welcome. Sorry, but I can't help you with those HIDs. I don't have any myself.

I'm Taylor

Old 04-04-2008, 02:17 PM
HCF Member

I on the other hand, think its cool if you just do apperance mods, i just think its rice when you do the appereance mods, but then pretend to be a super fast racer. sometime apperance mods can be art

Old 04-07-2008, 09:17 AM
HCF Member

Naa not even an intake for me. If I was wanting performance I wouldnt start with a 127 HP motor. I would have gotten a mustang gt or something. I got the the car cause its great on gas, looks good, and came with a 6 year 100,000mile warranty. A lot of things I cant do cause Im not voiding the warranty. As far as RICE I with Goob. When I think RICE I think of someone with my car and has nothing done except an intake thinking its fast and trying to race everything that pulls up next to it. Thats rice. When you get a car you no what its capable of and what to expect. I have a cavalier z24 that has performance mods only so Im happy having that be my racer type. Pretty much anything you can think of besides supercharged is done to the car. Not sure on HP just know I can pull slowly top end on gts and z28s.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:40 AM
HCF Member

Just because you are focused on appearance doesn't mean you're rice and that's not going to cause people here to label you as rice.
Now, if you go and throw lambo doors or throw decals for product that you don't have, then, yes, we may call you rice, haha.
But anyway, welcome to the forum.
Post pics of your progess on the car.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:16 PM
HCF Member

Welcome man, show us pics. I have somewhat similar goals, I am thinking of getting a racing grill of e-bay, a lip kit (most likely OEM) and a set of 17 inch rims (most likely gunmetal color. Future plans are a sri or cai. Nothing wrong with what you have planned and it isnt ricer. Ricer would be something with huge spoilers that look like fire escape stairs, neon lights lots of useless decals lamborghini style doors etc. And besides if you want your car to look ricer than more power to you, it isnt my thing but its your money and your car do what makes you happy with it
Welcome and enjoy yoru civic, you dont really need mods in the first place to make it fast, my EX is stock and its pretty damn fast, but at the same time I don't race with it nor do I plan to, I like it because its economical, looks sexy and can be made even sexier plus its sporty and handles well.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:35 PM
HCF Member

One pic is stock the other just rims and other is with rims. Makes a big difference. Like I said before Im still waiting on grill, and fog lightsto come in and Im currently trying to install new LED tail lights but having problems with SMALL LIGHT FUSE #2 blowing. Even after jumping up to a 25 amp. If anyone knows anythign about that please shoot link of tell me cause I have them in hand but havent installed due to problem.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:14 PM
HCF Member

sorry but I don't agree with you Gonzo. He is not trying to be a ricer.Ricer's are the wanna Bea's, putting all this decals all over the place and those ghetto body kits and just adding an intake making you think you are going to smoke anybody on the streets or highways. Very [sm=lame.gif]

If your goal is just to focus on appearances that is so sweet dude,A lot of people justfocus on looks. I think that is pretty cool.Your car will look so killer with a drop and just like you said lip kit will make it even sexier. HID kits are awesome. You will have to re-adjustthe headlights againbecause if you leave the same setting as they are now you will be blinding SO many drivers. Might be giving you the finger..lol.

Welcome to the FORUM!!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 02:37 PM
HCF Member

Nice shots of your car man.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:41 PM
HCF Member

I really like your car man, its like mine but I love the tailights of that year, mine is a 01 and while the body is pretty much the same your tailights are cooler. Good job keep it up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to civic community and proud of it!!!!