New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to the civic nation!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Default New to the civic nation!

Hey! I'm new to Hondas in general, a good friend of mine insists that I only look at Honda for a commuter car... And am trying to buy a cheap commuter.

I'm a Software Tester in Colorado, Married, 1 Son, I LOVE fast, loud cars!

I've spent the last 9 months building my Mustang, and now wanna keep her nice! Check her out!
http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/748622/1

I am considering a 92 hatch with a SOHC 1.6 VTEC swap for my first Honda, it will get me 110-130 miles roundtrip to work and back.

Old 05-03-2006, 01:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New to the civic nation!

Welcome!!!! Glad to have you around. MMMmmmm supercharged mustang. I like!

BTW, the poll you have on sounddomain... the idiots who voted for a JL as the best momo blocks for the buck are friggin retards. THey are only thinking name brand. JL has NOT been famous for their amps. Personally I think they are a rip-off and it drives me crazy when people think JL is the best thing since Jesus. Jbl is your answer.

- a professional audio guru.

Old 05-03-2006, 01:53 PM

Welcome!

Remmy, you really like JBL?? I'm usually getting Kicker or Alpine. Maybe time for a switch???

Old 05-03-2006, 01:54 PM
HCF Member

For bang for the buck sub and amps.... Harmon international products all the way. (Harmon/Kardon, Infinity, JBL)

JBL makes one of the most impressive mono bloack class d's ive seen to be honest.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:58 PM
HCF Member

damn i've always sworn by audiobahn and alpine. maybe i should check these out when i get time.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:49 PM

Remmy,

Im tryin to get ahold of a nice amp. can you give me a model number for a JBL kick **** amp? Im wanting to push 2-12" Kicker Comps.

Thanks!

Old 05-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Stinky Administrator

welcome nice stang and its a blown v-6 cool it looks like a sleeper . you will like the 92-95 hatches good luck in finding one

Old 05-04-2006, 09:05 AM
HCF Member

Look here. Many people think that if you dont have more than 500 watts of power you are going to be up **** creek. Its a sorry, **** poor general consensus by idiots running their mouths all day long thinking they know a thing or two about car audio. Wire the Comps and drop the amp into 2ohms and you will be in business. Even after a long hard run on the amp it still will remain slightly warm. It wont get hot enough to where you can cook eggs on.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:41 AM

Thanks again! I will check it out. I've had a few egg cookers in my time........

Old 05-04-2006, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Remmy

Welcome!!!! Glad to have you around. MMMmmmm supercharged mustang. I like!

BTW, the poll you have on sounddomain... the idiots who voted for a JL as the best momo blocks for the buck are friggin retards. THey are only thinking name brand. JL has NOT been famous for their amps. Personally I think they are a rip-off and it drives me crazy when people think JL is the best thing since Jesus. Jbl is your answer.

- a professional audio guru.
I believe I have a BP 1200.1 listed in my 'Wants' list (Edit, listed is a RF BD1500, but realistically due to $$ VS Value I'll end up with a BP1200.1)

Stereo Guru... Right On!
Did you check out the Stereo page on my Sounddomain? I have a Eclipse Titanium, in 6 Cuft, custom slot ported enclosure(permanent in-trunk), with a RF 500s at 2 ohms with an impedence equalization circuit, stock 180 amp alt, check it out! I've tried over 10 boxes, I really like the airspace!

Quick Reply: New to the civic nation!