New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Civic Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 01:01 AM
Default New Civic Owner

I just received my '05 Civic Coupe, it's a DX, pretty basic. I really like the car though. I've been lurking here for a week or so and thought since I got my Civie it's time to sign up.

My plans for the car are pretty simple. First I'm going to start with a CD player, then some window tint. After that I would like to get a OEM spoiler, and some new tires. Wheels maybe down the line, but money is a big issue with me (I just finished college). Oh, and my Dad and I plan to get some OEM fog lights and have a nice father-son DIY project.

I'm not really into performance, the car drives great but the amount of money I would have to spend to get it really going would probably be excessive. It's an auto too, that kinda sucks but I have no regrets. However If I do run into a bunch of cash I wouldn't mind some extra mustard, in reality I would rather go for a new SI. I bought the car for a well built machine that's good on gas and has some naturally good looks (without the rice).

I'm not new to Civics, my family used to have an '00 hatch, and an '02 Sedan. Also my family has owned 4 Accords, and a CRV. So I've basically been raised with Honda's in the garage.

I've learned a ton while lurking, and hope to have some good convos on these cars.

Cheers,
Joe

P.S I'll post some pictures when I find my camera, but I'm sure you all know what a base model '05 coupe looks like.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:15 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: New Civic Owner

Welcome aboard Joe, glad to have ya!

After a month or two hanging out around this place, I'd be willing to bet you'll be singin' a different tune as far as performance is concerned

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I love the avatar

Old 01-06-2006, 10:07 AM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum![sm=hiya.gif][sm=hiya.gif]

Old 01-06-2006, 10:58 AM

welcome. and im with 40, most of us have a a bad (but good) case of mod fever.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:00 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I'll post some pictures when I find my camera, but I'm sure you all know what a base model '05 coupe looks like.
Not unless you tell us what color it is.

ORIGINAL: Forty04

After a month or two hanging out around this place, I'd be willing to bet you'll be singin' a different tune as far as performance is concerned
He's right, HCF ate my brain... [&:]

Old 01-06-2006, 12:22 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: dj_ipirate

welcome. and im with 40, most of us have a a bad (but good) case of mod fever.
I've got it. I think I'm stuck with it too. I wish I had found this place when I first bought my Civic, I'd def have enough for "the plan" right now then my co-op money could go to something like "the plan stage 2" or something to that nature that I haven't actually planned out yet.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:11 PM

In all honesty you guys are probably right. So far I've listed my initial plan, but who knows after that? If I cross my fingers and work hard I may be making more money by the time the initial plan is finished.

I swore I listed the color, I had intended to. It's Silver, my only complaints are that the door handles are black, as well as a trim peice on the trunk. I'll have to keep my eyes out for a wrecked Silver coupe (other than a DX I guess [sm=headbang.gif]). Has anybody done a door handle swap before?

I do have a couple of general comments about the site. Has anybody found that the back button on there browser doesn't work sometimes while browsing these forums? I'm using Firefox. Also, this forum probably has the coolest set of smilies I've ran into. Thanks for the input guys/gals.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:30 PM

05s came with unpainted handles? **** my ex is a 01 and those puppys are red.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:38 PM

The 05 DX's come unpainted. I think the LX trim level had the painted handles. Also these are the Canadian trim levels, which is a bit different than the states I beleive. For example, the SI in the US is the SI-G up here in Canada. I have the canadian brochure in .pdf if you want to take a look.